You've Been Hit by-

We were silent for the rest of the journey, and when we arrived at the hotel, my eyes were drooping to dangerous levels. I hadn't allowed myself to sleep while Logan was driving, even though it had been maybe two days since I'd had a solid night. Some part of me felt too exposed to sleep. Like the moment I closed my eyes Ike would descend and all of my precious little family would be gone when I woke up.

It was silly, but I was far too tired to rationalize what was silly and what wasn't.

Logan helped me stumble into the hotel lobby, as Dad and Finn unloaded the bags from the car. Logan was grumbling about me being dead on my feet as he dragged me over to the counter, but I was too busy using him as a personal warmer, my eyes barely open.

I heard him book our room. And I could faintly hear Dad and Finn bringing in our bags. But my eyes had sealed shut, and they weren't opening. Logan turned us toward the elevator, but I heard his heavy sigh as he realized I was limp. He leaned down and with a grunt, he shifted me up into his arms. I curled closer to him as he began walking, and I was out.

When I awoke again, I was curled up in the bed farthest from the door, face smashed into a down pillow. The TV was droning quietly in the conjoining room, around the corner. I rolled over to take in my surroundings more fully, and found Logan sleeping in the bed across from mine, no blanket covering him - in fact he'd never even taken off his shoes. It occurred to me that he hadn't slept either.

"You think she's gonna do it?" My ears perked at Finn's quiet voice.

"Shh, you and that voice. Can't be quiet even if you try," Dad half-teased him. I rolled my eyes at the hypocritical statement. Dad didn't exactly have the quietest voice either.

But he went quiet for a moment, before replying to his earlier statement, "Keep her promise?"

"Yeah," He replied, and his voice was stoic. "You think she'll keep it?"

I heard the methodical switching of channels, and I could just see Dad staring at the screen while he thought about the question.

"No," He said, with a light laugh, "But I'm hoping that my plans to kill Ike will change her mind."

Finn was silent for a second. "You know her 's well as I do. Maybe even better. She ain't gonna sit back and let you take all the action."

Dad shushed Finn again as he almost forgot himself.

"Maybe. Maybe not. But with Victor in danger, she might just back off of this one. Even she's got some sense."

Wow. Thanks Dad. I thought with a dry gaze at the wall separating us. I think I was more butt hurt at the fact that he was right. While I wanted to kill Ike myself, if I was the only way for Victor to live, I'd be right there with him. Damn Ike and the rest.

Dad and Finn were silent as they thought for a moment. And finally, Dad murmured something that I almost didn't catch, but in the darkness of the room, barely lit from the sun breaking through the closed curtains, it stilled all of my movement.

"I can't guarantee he's still alive."

Finn let out a long sigh. "No word from the guy you sent?"

"Nothing. Not even the emergency signal. I figure he's in a position where he can't raise suspicion."

"So we're goin' in blind?" Finn's voice was annoyed.

"I've done all I can to try to make it otherwise," Dad mumbled.

"There's a chance he got caught and squealed," Finn suggested.

The channels flipped, almost casually, as Dad replied in a conversational tone, "Yeap."