God, I've Missed You.

I sat with hands folded in my lap. His kitchen was moderately sized, with a wooden table sat in front of the bay windows that overlooked the front lawn. The dark stained cabinets over the black granite counters gave a cozy, yet masculine feeling to the room. The tiles underfoot were deep burgandy, and fit the color scheme nicely.

As usual, his house was spotless. I wondered breifly as the smell of hot chocolate reached my nose how he kept such a clean house with such a busy schedule. 

A steaming mug was set down in front of me, and he sat down next to me with his own mug of coffee clasped in his hands.

I blew on the hot chocolate in an innefectual attempt to cool it off, before lifting it to my lips and taking a small sip. He sipped his own in silence. We sat without speaking for a moment, and I could tell by the way he gazed down into his cup, golden eyes unfocused, that he was trying to figure out what to ask me first.

I fidgeted in my own seat, feeling a bit of regret for coming here. I wasn't ready to answer what he wanted to ask. In fact I didn't think I was ready to see him at all. I couldn't believe I had actually gotten into the car, let alone knocked on his door.

The hell was I thinking?

I went through a list of things in my mind that would have been a better, less troubling option. Instead of coming here, I could have just called him. Instead of coming here, I could have talked myself down in an ice cream shop with a douple scoop of banana split. Instead of coming here, I could have just stayed in bed and smelled his shirt. I could have done anything else.

But of course my brain has never exactly won the nobel prize for thinking things through.

"Jane," I blinked from my reverie and looked up. 

He wore a reluctant expression, his eyebrows turned down with the corner of his lips in a frown, and I realized that he was as much dreading asking these questions as I was answering them.

I let out a heavy sigh and held up my hand. Victor watched as I carefully collected myself, gathering my courage in a big gulp of air and letting it out in a heavy sigh.

"First off," I began, curling my hands back around my cup and staring down into the liquid, "Logan found me. I was out buying icecream when we...I guess ran into each other. I thought I got away from him but he'd followed be back to my hotel. We talked and...and he left," I swallowed thickly.

Victor tilted his head. "You're lying."

I winced. Was I really that horrible a liar? 

"Come on now," I complained, "I can't be that bad!"

"Your eyebrow twitched," He explained, lifting his hand to brush my hair from my face, "You can't have forgotten about that?"

I groaned, dropping my forehead against the lip of my mug. "I thought I fixed that."

He smiled briefly as I glanced at him, but it slowly faded. "He didn't just leave, did he?"

I lifted my head fully, letting out yet another sigh. "Not...exactly...,"

Victor's eyes darkened to that familiar cold stare that he got when he was angry, "He kissed you, didn't he?"

"Yes but only once!" I blurted, and he raised his eyebrows.

"He kissed you multiple times?" He reached up to run a hand through his hair.

Damn eyebrow.

"Okay, yes, multiple times," I admitted, pouting.

Victor sat in silence for a few long seconds, before he pushed his chair back, and began to stand. I reached out in a flash, wrapping my hand around his wrist before he could get any further.