Chapter {19}

[Dinah Jane]

~Lies, Lies, more lies, and some pie. {19}

Siope coming back took us all by shock. But I think besides the shock I can actually feel

happiness. Yesterday Normani proved that some things are worth the fight. I could hear Jennifers threat of death yet Normani wasnt scared. She didnt cower and she gave us hope.

Hope is a strong thing.

And fear is its counterpart.

We shouldve known all too well Siope coming was a bad thing. Im not sure, looking back on it, how I hadnt seen the signs. I wouldnt be surprised if Jennifer had a video camera in my room and was constantly stalking me.

Probably wouldnt surprise any one.

Lauren Camila and I were all watching a movie. Of corse it was a horror movie. I missed Normani at times like this. My Beyonce and my sister. The one I loved watching horror movies with and who couldnt speak spanish.

"D Im scared!" Lauren whined.

"Aww baby dont be scared."

Lauren ran into my arms and curled up close into me. I breathed in her scent heavily. I could feel her heartbeat fall into the same oace as mine. We were one. We are one. And that was something I was ready to fight for. No more being controlled by Jennifer.

But of corse she was always one step ahead.

The minute Siope came in he threw Lauren from me and dragged me up. Lauren watched, dumbstruck, as he took me to my room and slammed me against the door. He was fairly strong and my vision twisted a second before recovering.

"What. The. Hell."

His eyes were fierce with fire. "Listen hear bitch, you answer to me now. If you want your family to survive you better apease me. It only takes one call to Jennifer."

"What happened to that boy who loved me?"

That only seemed to add fuel to the flame and he back handed me hard. "You fucking broke him."

The pain stopped registering after his 3rd bunch to my stomach. I vaguely remembered him slamming my head into the door and ounching me. The bruises already beginning to show. Before he left and slammed his foot into both my shins and punched my head for the first time and i hit the door, falling down.

"Tell anyone about this and your mother is done." He whispered in my ear before leaving me and locking the door shut.