Chapter | 37

- Extra early update, because I am stressed out, and I write when I'm stressed.

- Extra long chapter because you guys are amazing!

[ a l i n a ]

Mornings in Gotham were calm and peaceful, only if you lived by the borders. I had made the decision of moving there, and purchase a modern mansion.

Our house was located near the lake, surrounded by the forest. It was a perfect place to live in, without any disturbance. Exactly what Michael and I needed.

Michael decided to live with me. He was traumatized by the events in Valencia. I can't blame him. Nathan and Taliana went home, while Ariana returned to her apartment.

She still wouldn't tell me where she lived.

Everything was fine, except the fact that two bodyguards were staying here, 'protecting' and reporting back to Nathan. We had a maid, Francine, and a butler, Hansen. Or for short, Hans.

The morning breeze whistled through the windows, airing the house as birds chirped outside, perched on trees.

My eyes focused on the pill in my hand, as I swallow it, followed by a glass of water.

The fact that I've been experiencing waves of pain these past few months scared me.

I didn't want to tell Damian, or anyone about it, they didn't need to worry.

I sat in the living room, continued eating my breakfast as I heard footsteps rushing inside the house.

Michael rushed in, a handful of letters in his grasp. Francine, our maid, ran after him. "Your Highness! You cannot run outside! It is dangerous!" She spoke, her thick British accent laced in her voice.

"It's all right, Francine. Let me see the letters, Michael." I stood up, as Francine nodded, going back into the kitchen. Panting, Michael gave me the letters as I walked into the living room, taking a seat on the couch, inspecting the letters.

"From the office, ministers.. toy shop?" I asked, glancing at my brother, who sat across of me. He shrugged; "I was interested in buying toys."

"All right.." I drawled as I continued inspecting the stash of letters. "More business letters, formal letters, and.. What's this?" I perked up, picking up the last envelope.

On the cover, was a sloppy scribbling, written :

| To : Adelina Vanderbilt.
From : B.B. |
- Thought you might want to see this.