Chapter | 11

‭you guys!!
I'm changing the book title! It'll no longer be Son of Batman, It'll be 'Secrets (DAMIAN WAYNE)'.

I wasn't planning to update, but since I personally hate it when people update without an actual chapter, so here you go.
Short, but still a chapter!

~

"I simply do not agree with Master Tim's way of doing things. He simply works too much." Alfred complains as soon as Damian entered the Batcave, a tray of tea in his grasp as always, as he headed to the kitchen.

Tim had been overworking. As always. He had been researching about the two remaining 'cursed' subjects. And the third's one grave.

They had to find those three fast. Or else, they'll be in trouble. Bruce simply did not tolerate tardiness.

"Who is the mastermind behind this horrid plan anyways? Your mother, or your grandfather?" Tim asks, chugging a cup of black coffee, the one thing keeping him awake.

Damian, who had been there the whole time, sighed and walked over to the training mat, where the punching bag was, and removed his shoes.

"It was my mother." He exhales between punches.

Tim raised an eyebrow, before searching Ra's Al Ghul on the database.

"Ah, of course." He sighs, taking another sip of coffee. It was a perfect plan, at least that's what Talia must've thought. All she ever wanted was to dominate the world. She needed weapons. Damian wasn't enough for me, so she had to make more.

More people with powers, abilities; more people she can control.

~

Tim, Damian and Alfred were the only ones in the Manor tonight.

Bruce and Dick had gone patrolling, and Jason had run off to god knows where, as always. He's always missing.

"We don't know anything about our targets. All that we know is that the two remaining are males, and they're about, 25 years old." Tim grasps his hair in frustration, yelling. "That's the only information we have!"

No response came. Instead, the heavy sound of punches getting thrown. Tim whirled around in his chair, to find Damian's attention completely focused on his training. He was furiously throwing punches, and paid no remark to what he had just said.

"Dami? Are you listening?"

Damian kept punching, unaware of his brother.

"Demon spawn!"

Still no reaction.

"Oh, I give up."

~

Alina sat on the sofa, a book in her lap. An empty jar of cookies were beside her, all finished. Earlier, Olivia, had brought her cookies for saving her. They did not last long.
That's what happens when you have nothing in your fridge.

Her family still had blocked her out. She couldn't understand her brother's ways. He always was decent and sweet to her. But banning her?

It was too much. Perhaps the fear he bore for her increased in time.

Alina stopped her reading as she heard a knocking on the door. "Who's there?" She asked, sitting still, putting her book away.

It couldn't be Damian, since he always seems to let himself in without asking.

Another knock.

Alina stood up, a sudden rush of fear consuming her. Her heartbeat increased, as she took the baseball bat laying next to the sofa.

She held the bat high, trying to ignore the familiar sensation of fear, helplessness, and panic consuming her; and broadened her shoulders.

"He can't find me here.." She mutters, repeating the phrase, the grip on the bat tightening.

The knocks had become banging.

Alina quickly unlocked the door, and raised her bat high.

"What took you so goddamn long?!" A tall, mean-looking girl seethes, walked into Alina's suite with two bags full of groceries.

Her black hair hung loose, and her eyes stared sharply at her, as she dropped the bags of groceries into the living room.

"Aren't you going to say hello to your dear cousin?"

____________________________

Thank you for reading!

I'll change the book cover and the title about three/four hours after I update this.

Love,
         Sophia ⚜️