Chapter | 24

Check out my new story : "Hold On | Tim Drake"! It's related to this book, you'll see the same characters!
So far, I really like the plot of the story. I just posted the prologue, so please check it out! 😘

~

[ D A M I A N ]

[ D A M I A N ]

Dinner with Olivia was.. bland. She kept talking about her love for branded items throughout the whole night. Grayson was right, she's just an accessory.

I spent my entire evening staring at her, boringly, whilst my mind wandered into other places.

She was gorgeous, sure, but there was really nothing more than that.

"Damian!" A gruff voice brought me back to reality. I turned around, closing my book, to face Jason.

"Where have you been, Todd?" I ask him, whilst he walked towards my window.

"Places.." He shrugs, leaning against the wall. This is the first time I've seen him since last year. He does have a hobby, and it's disappearing.

"Right." I exhale, eyeing him carefully. Nothing really changed. He seems to be the same, spontaneous imbecile.

"Where's Bruce? And Alfred? Not the cat, the person." He slurs, eyes fixed on the fur ball, currently crouched, hissing at Jason. I guess the cat doesn't like the bird.

"Father decided to take a break, nobody really knows where he wandered to this time. As for Alfred, he's out, buying groceries." I respond calmly.

"Right.." Jason wandered, his eyes cloudy, masking his emotions. "And what are you up to, demon spawn?"

"Nothing. Actually, I'm feeling empty. Want to eat?"

"Hell yeah."

~

The man wheezes, bloodshot eyes looking at me. His dark, unruly curly hair fell onto his face, covering the scars on his forehead. I land another punch, and the sound of bones cracking fills the room. He coughs back, blood streaming down his nose.

His mouth twitches, trembling, weak. His eyes meets mine, for a second, before blacking out. He opens them again, eyelids trembling, struggling to see the sight before him. Jason stood behind me, arms crossed, contemplating everything.

"Talk." I command, my voice echoing through the basement. This needs to be fast, time passes. I have a meeting in an hour. He looks at me, barely breathing. I take a step closer towards him, and he opens his mouth, his words coming out desperate.

"Fine." He raises his hands, defeated, breaking.
My shoulders relax, as I stood still, ready to hear whatever reason he has to offer.