Chapter | 15

"I have to say, this was unexpected of you." The dark haired girl asks, her cape flowing gracefully behind her, as her violet eyes took every single inch of Gotham in.

"You've always been the loner type." She continues, glancing downwards, noticing the busy streets. Damian, who wasn't in his usual Robin attire, stood beside her, wearing a black hoodie. He didn't feel the need to wear his uniform, due to the fact that he wasn't supposed to go on patrol tonight.

Tim and Bruce already got it covered.

"I'll help you." She adds, turning around to face him, her short black hair blown by the wind.

"I owe you one, Raven."

~

[ A l i n a ]

The feeling of burning pain had consumed my entire body once again.

Everything was limp. My legs, my arms, my head felt extremely sweaty. As I tried to reach the drawer where those pain-reducing pills were located, my legs became numb, and I fell, my head hitting the counter, and darkness enveloped me.

~

"Alina, wake up.." A familiar masculine voice had whispered into my ear, as I felt two strong arms holding me. Had I fainted again?

"Alina.. you need to wake up." He whispers again, cradling me. I grunt, trying to ignore him. I need some sleep. Badly.

"Alli. Wake up." He mutters once again, this time completely snapping me out of my slumber. I open my eyes, squinting them due to the rays of light that aims directly at my face.

I slowly sat down, with the help of this stranger's arms. My back faces him, as I rub my eyes, trying to eliminate the throbbing headache that's now torturing me even more.

"Here." He says, handing me a glass of water and two of the pills that I needed. I gratefully accepted, and swallowed the pills quickly.

How did he know about the pills? Nobody knows except..

And thats when it hit me. I turned around, to be face to face with the familiar figure that has been present in many of my childhood memories.

Nathan, my brother.

"What are you doing here?!" I gritted my teeth, slowly getting up, without taking my eyes off him.

Those familiar brown eyes of his. I stare at the person I used to look up to, realizing how much he's changed.

Into a monster.

"I can't visit my little sister?" He asks casually, hands in his pockets, as he got up, his tall figure towering over mine.

He is more toned, probably taller. He had grown a beard, to my surprise. I could say, he's intimidating..

..but nothing compared to Damian.

"You banned me." I sigh, glancing at him, ignoring the familiar feeling of hopelessness slowly reappearing. I loved him, I still do, but I cannot show any signs of compassion towards him.

For God's sake, he banned me from my country, the place I have dwelled my entire life. And for that, I hate him.

But I don't want to fight him anymore. I'm too tired for that.

"Have you forgotten to take those pills again?" He asks, staring blankly at me.
His dark brown hair is unruly. Nathan is normally the cleanest, most organized person in my family. But as I stare at him now, he's not the same anymore.

I guess Althea's death, his lover, must've hit him hard. I frown, remembering that her death is the cause of my ban. I still can't find the reason why he felt the need to ban me. The last I've seen of her was two years ago.

"Alina. You need care of yourself. I possibly can't stand to see you like this. You're getting weaker." He mutters, his lifeless eyes still gazing onto mine.

"And whose fault is that, brother?" I snap back, although knowing he had nothing to do with this. For once, I just want to put the blame on someone else.

"Don't blame me on this. You've had this sickness ever since you were born." He responds calmly, and I see pity in his eyes.

"Why do you care, Nathan? You've never cared before."

"I've always cared, Alina. I just didn't show it that much." He sighs, and that's when I saw it. Hopelessness, despair clearly shown in those glossy eyes of his.

And I realized.

We're both broken, my brother and I.

____________________________

Sorry for the short chapter, and the long update. I still have my exams. *groans internally*
Tomorrow's exam is Economics. *screams*

Anyways thank you for reading!

Love,
         Sophia ⚜️