Your Turn|Husband!Shuji Miwa x Wife!Reader

uraraka is my bab

     Decided to do this one first because I love Miwa so much.

     You guys are probably in your mid/late twenties or early thirties.

     Miwa is still in Border.

(C/N)= Child's Name

Using they/them pronouns for the baby because you can pick the gender.

Warning: Swearing

     Enjoy!
––

     "Waaah! Waaah!"

     The calls of your darling child woke you and your husband up.

     You groaned, rolling away from his grasp and rubbing your eyes. You tried to blink the sleep out of your eyes as you turned to look at the clock. It was 3:37 AM.

Why must a baby torture their very tired, sleepy parents like this, at this ungodly hour of the morning?

     You heard the sheets next to you rustle and your husband let out an irritated grumble. You felt his strong arms pull you back into an embrace; he nuzzled he face into your hair.

"Shuji," you heard him mumble. "Shuji, it's your turn to check on the baby."

He let out a groan and pulled away, facing you with his half-lidded eyes.

"Why do I have to do it, (Y/N)?" He cleared his throat, obviously noticing how hoarse and raspy it sounded. "You're the mother."

You have an exasperated, sleepy sigh. "It just proves the fact that I shouldn't check on (C/N). I popped them from my uterus not too long ago, and I'm very tired. Plus, it's your turn."

Shuji sighed for about a count of ten.

"Dammit, Shuji, just go check on the fucking baby already." You said sternly.

Shuji frowned at you. "Please, dear, I have work later in the morning. Could you check on (C/N) just this once?"

You knew that ploy. 'Just once' would turn into twice, then three times, and so on. He always got you when he talked about his work, and his duties as a squad captain, the pet names, and that fucking frown that had that motherly disappointment practically engraved in it.

If you didn't know better, you would've thought he was the mother.

But, damn, he was one of the best Border tacticians for a reason. He won this battle (and probably many more).

You huffed and got off the bed, legs slightly wobbly. "Fine. But you're cooking tonight."

You saw him give you a small smile. "Yes, of course."

––

Miwa's POV

I sighed. I hated it when (Y/N) wasn't in bed with me.

     Of course, I was grateful that she always checked on (C/N), but trying to sleep without her here was like trying to sleep during a hailstorm. It was like she was a part of me.

     Is that what it's like to be in love?

     I noticed that (C/N) had ceased their crying. (Y/N)'s quiet footsteps were leading up to the room.

     Upon feeling the mattress gently dip and (Y/N) climb back into my embrace, I kissed her on the forehead.

     "Hey," she spoke softly. "Couldn't go back to sleep?"

     "No," I said. "Without you here, it feels empty and cold. I can't sleep."

     She chuckled, the sound music to my ears. "Well, I'm here now, so you can sleep."

     She kissed my cheek. "Like you said, you're going to have a long day smacking Jin when he says something stupid, right?"

     I chuckled. "Right."

     "Right. Goodnight, Shuji."

     "Goodnight, (Y/N)."

     Yes, this was what it was like to be in love.

––

     Yup, short and cliché.

     I promise I actually know how to write, guys, I promise.