Babysitting|Soya Kazama x Reader

IZUKUUUUUUUU!!!
Someone requested another Kazama x Reader (cough cough, rockygirlly ), so here ya go!
     This may have a sequel in the future.
     Also, I don't know how the heck the first-name basis in Japan works, so feel free to correct me.
     Please enjoy!
--

"(Y/N)!!!" your best friend (F/N) threw open the door to you and your boyfriend's apartment.

You tossed a grape into your mouth and chewed, eyes fixed on the television screen. "Ever heard of knocking?"

Ignoring your statement, she tromped over to your side. She hugged you close. "(Y/N), it's so nice to see you again!"

You patted her head. "It's been two weeks."

"I know, but it felt like foreveeeer!"

      You shrugged. "Anyways, why are you here, (F/N)?"

     She pulled away from the half-hug and grinned. "You have a boyfriend, right?"

     "Yeah. Actually, he's over there." You pointed to the bedroom. "He's still sleeping. On the days he doesn't have work he sleeps in. Heavily."

     When you saw the door slowly creak open and Soya's head peek through the door, you waved at him.

     Giving a half-hearted wave back, his eyelids drooped and he closed the door again, probably to go back to sleep.

     (F/N) chuckled as she saw his entrance and exit. "He...really likes to sleep, huh?"

     You nodded.

     (F/N) gave a light laugh. "It's no wonder you two are dating!"

     You huffed and playfully slapped her arm. "Shut up. What do you need?"

     She smiled again. "I need you and your boyfriend to babysit my four-year-old, Mikako!"

     You blinked. "Since when did you have a kid?"

     "Since, like, four years ago."

     You reflected on that. Since she was a few years older than you, that made sense, along with the fact that she mentioned that she wanted a family one day.

     You nodded thoughtfully. "Why?"

     She sighed. "Well, my spouse and I have a very busy schedule today, or basically every Saturday."

     "Wait, you work on Saturdays?"

     "Yes!" (F/N) sighed again. "Every day except for Tuesday and Sunday. Weird schedule, I know, but listen up."

     "We usually pick up Mikako from Sunnyshine Daycare and Aftercare—"

     You snorted and mumbled, "Sunnyshine Daycare and Aftercare..."

     (F/N) rolled her eyes. "Yeah, Sunnyshine Daycare and Aftercare. Anyways, today we don't think we'll be able to drop her off and pick her up from there, so can you babysit her?"

     You shrugged. "Sure. Where is she, anyway?"

     "Oh, she's right here." (F/N) gave her daughter a little nudge from behind her ((F/N)'s) legs.

     Mikako peeked out from her mother's legs and stared at you with wide, brown eyes.

     "Hello, Miss (L/N)...."

     You couldn't help but smile at her. "Hi, Mikako. You can just call me (Y/N), okay?"

     Mikako smiled at you shyly. "Okay... Auntie (Y/N)."

     (F/N) rubbed her head. "She's a little angel. She'll behave correctly, is that right, Mikako?"

     Mikako nodded.

You smiled and rubbed her hair. She was so cute!

At that moment, (F/N) dropped her backpack on the ground. "These are her toys, pajamas, and Arnold."

"Arnold?"

"Her stuffed lizard. Make sure she goes to bed no later than 8:30 pm, okay? My spouse and I will pick her up in the morning, about 7:00 am."

"Any questions?"

You shook your head.

She smiled. "Good! I'll see you tomorrow, (Y/N)!"

You waved. "Bye."

She closed the door.

Soya peeked his head out from the doorway. "Is she gone?"

Mikako shrieked and flopped on the ground, curling up into a ball like a pill bug.

Soya walked over and bent down at the waist. "It's alright. I'm  Soya Kazama, it's nice to meet you." He reached out his right hand.

Mikako peeked up from her little ball and slowly sat up, shaking his hand.

Though Soya still had quite an aloof, stoic manner, he seemed to relax a little.

     "Hi... My name is Mikako, i-it's nice to meet you too..."

     Soya's lips slightly twitched upwards. "Nice to meet you, Mikako."

     She mumbled a quiet, "Nice to meet you too..." and climbed onto the couch.

     Not long after, Soya walked back into the bedroom to perform his morning ritual and change out of his pajamas.

"A-Aunt (Y/N)... Is Mr. Kazama your husband?"

You nearly choked.

With a nervous laugh, you turned to her. "Wh-What would make you think that?"

Mikako looked into your eyes innocently. "W-Well... You and Mr. Kazama seem very close, like Mommy and (Parental Title), And they are married."

"Well, Mikako, we aren't necessarily married, but we're getting there..." you explained awkwardly. "We're like husband and wife, but not really."

Mikako blinked. "Oh."

"Yeah."

A blanket of silence settled over the room.

"So..." you said, not really knowing how to deal with children. "What do you want to do today?"

Mikako brightened up. "Can we have a make-believe tea party and then go to the park?"

You chuckled lightly. "Yeah, sure, kiddo. I'm just going to go check on Soya, and I'll be right back."

––

"Soya?"

You peeled your head into the bedroom, covering your eyes in case he was changing clothing.

"You can uncover your eyes, you know."

You unveiled your eyeballs. "Did you hear all of that?"

Soya gave you a small smirk as he tugged on a green long-sleeved shirt. "You mean your awkward reaction to Mikako's question? Yes."

You groaned, leaning against the doorframe. "Please dont mention it."

"Why, (Y/N)?" He asked, adjusting his belt buckle. "I mean, we are married, but not really."

"Ugh!" You crossed your arms and looked away. "Don't you dare, Soya, ever mention that in a public place."

He zipped up his squad emblem hoodie. "No promises."

"Soya!"