Chapter Twenty-one

Start from the beginning

Just in the teacher walked in and began to apologize for her absence.

Saved by the teacher, I thought and turned away.

I signed when I realized I just added another problem to my plate.

During lunch, I was seated besides a talkative Lisa who was rambling on and on about the party tonight.

Against my will, my eyes darted to where Blade was seated and to my shock, he was staring right at me. I quickly looked away.

I sighed. Why was I mad again? Was it really because he supposedly cheated on me? Does it even count as cheating? We're not in a relationship. In fact, I told him myself there were no real feelings in this relationship.

I had no right to be so angry. He can sleep with other people, that's his business, as long as my wolf doesn't find out.

I only needed him to remain in contact with my wolf.

It wasn't as if I actually felt things for him.

Right?

No, it couldn't be, but why was I so stunned and so...hurt?

I knew those feelings defiantly weren't from my wolf. As soon as I saw blade, she dissolved. I was only able to bring her back when I ran away and shifted.

My head began to hurt.

I remembered the shock perfectly but I knew I couldn't lose myself again as I had with Jared.

Boys suck and there was nobody who knew more about that than me.

I went back to listening to Lisa's ramble. I smiled and nodded.

Blade's pov

I watched as people got up and left the cafeteria, never taking my eyes off of Emerald.

I messed up and I knew it, but she wouldn't let me explain.

It wasn't fair that my past relationships before I even knew she exited come back to haunt me at times like this. My wolf had been so hurt by the cold shoulder she'd been giving me that's it's dissolved away.

My attention was averted back to her when I caught sight of her exiting the cafeteria.

I immediately got up and prepared myself to run after her when Marshall grabbed my arm," Where are you going man?"

"I gotta pee," I muttered quickly and ran.

I caught up to her quickly in the halls and followed her until we reached somewhere where there were no people.

I made sure to remain quite and I thought I'd been doing a good job until she spoke with her back still to me.

"Are we back to this?" she asked, her voice calm and confused.

"To what?" I asked, attempting to keep my voice as assured as hers.

"Walking around the halls with you following me around like a creep?"

"I just wanted to apologize."

"For what?" she asked, surprising me again.

"For last night."

"What happened again last night?" she finally turned.

Shocked, my mouth widened as if to speak but the words came out stuttered," Uhh, when you s-saw me and Diana, I-in my room."

"Oh yeah," she said, as if finally remembering.

I wondered if she actually did remember but was acting as if she doesn't just to annoy me.