fifteen

[09:45am]

"WHY IS THIS so difficult to understand? I'm not going with you." Jennifer turned, throwing her good hand up in frustration as the demon gave another sigh.

"There are much better things I could be doing but instead I'm stuck here because I decided to text some headstrong human. I shouldn't have dragged you into this, but you're here now and I don't have any—" Crowley tried, his voice rising in annoyance before he was interrupted.

"If you have better things to do, then leave! I didn't ask for any of this either. Now I know there's fucking demons and hell, oh, and the angels, which means that heaven is real too, how about that? Don't let me forget the vampires, and the ghosts, and the werewolves!" Jennifer took a deep breath and ran her fingers through her hair. With more force than necessary, she shoved the last of her best belongings into the suitcase she was packing.

"My entire world has been changed and now I have to live with that fact that anyone could be some supernatural being that's trying to kill me! A week ago, my biggest worry was being fired by my dick of a boss. You're asking me to come to hell. Can you imagine the conversations?"

Her voice rose with passion and mocking, "How was your weekend Jennifer? Oh, it was great thanks, just popped into Hell with the King because some demons are coming after me because they think it'll make him give up the throne. I mean, nothing too crazy." She eyed the King who raised his eyebrow at her impersonation.

Crowley threw up his hands and grabbed his coat from the back of the chair. "You know what? I'll leave, have fun with the demons." He stalked out of the front door and when Jennifer peered out of it a second later, he had vanished.

She gave a groan and slid down the other side of the door after slamming it shut in her anger. Her right hand covered her face as a tear slipped down her cheek. She wiped it away forcefully and took a deep breath. Her other arm lay useless in the sling, another reminder of everything that she now knew and could never forget.

Life as she had known it was gone. Only a world filled with demons and monsters remained and Jennifer was scared. This new feeling settled inside her and she shivered, despite the sun shining outside. She was alone, she was terrified and she couldn't do a damn thing about it.

Some part of her wanted to call Crowley. He was the only one who knew and the only one who could help. Jennifer grabbed her phone that lay on the floor where the demons had grabbed her. Flicking through it quickly, she saw the missed calls and messages from him.

Her finger hovered over the call button and then she flicked it off. She could do this herself. She didn't need some stupid demon to help her through this. He had been the one to drag her into this in the first place and it was up to her to drag herself out.

Rising unsteadily to her feet, she peered outside her door to check for demons. The coast looked clear enough. There was no one in sight, so Jennifer grabbed her suitcase and hooked her other bag on top of it, cursing her useless arm all the while.

Taking a deep breath, she shut the door to her home. She was out. Her old world was gone and there was nothing left to remind her who she was before she discovered the true suffering of this world. All her old photos of friend, family and happier times lay smiling behind that door. She would no longer be so innocent.

Loading the bags into her car, she turned away from it all. The door slammed shut and she was off. Driving with her one good hand on the wheel, Jennifer turned out of her road and towards her brother's house. Right now, she needed family. Even if they are as naïve as she had been just yesterday.

Behind her, a black car pulled out of the street opposite and began to cruise silently along behind the blue one. Jennifer slammed on the radio and turned up the song that blasted through the speakers. She would survive this.

The black car drove on.