30: Spur of the Moment

Song: Don't you wait

Artist: CLOVES

Spur of the Moment

The next day we went to a few tourist attractions. In Centro Habana, there were many things to do. Claudette and Dominique were our guides. Each place we visited had its beautiful architecture and history behind it. The people were relaxed and often friendly to us. Even though the weather was warm everyone was outside and enjoyed the sunshine.

Unlike someone who cursed us for bringing him along with us. Dennis Taylor, he never was the type for summer hence why his birthday was in winter. Mason told me it was a hormonal thing, but he straight up didn't like the hot weather. I think it's because he couldn't wear his dark clothing. It was a struggle to get him out of the air-conditioned hotel, dressed in a pair of jean shorts and a floral shirt that Dominque lent him since they had the same physique.

After we visited a few places, we agreed to rest and go to the beach. Even by late afternoon, it filled with people who wanted to enjoy the excellent weather. The waves rolled up on the sand gently but moved with such motion. The sand under our feet was warm yet soft enough to sink in. There wasn't a cloud in the sky as the sun scorched down on us.

Claudette, Dominque, and Mason decided to go for a swim while Dennis and I got some food. We didn't know what everyone wanted so we got Frita's along with some fries. When we got back to the beach, they were still in the water, but Gabriella sat under an umbrella. Her sunglasses rested on the bridge of her nose as she watched the ocean.

I noticed she didn't change into a bathing suit compared to Claudette or a pair of shorts like the rest of us. She remained in her cargo pants and white blouse. Dennis said he'd eat later, so I took it as an opportunity to talk to her while everyone else enjoyed the water.

"You're not getting in the water?" I spoke up as I slowly approached her. Gabriella glanced up, and I raised the food to which she smiled with a shrug.

"I don't know, I'm hungry now, and that food smells good." She said as I sat beside her on one of the beach towels. We began to eat yet silence still filled the space between us.

I glanced at her legs where I once saw her scar. From that day, she never exposed her skin to the world. It wouldn't have made a difference either way, but there's probably something more profound as to why she didn't want to move on from her ex.

"Are my cargo pants, that fascinating Adam?" Gabriella's voice brought me back as she looked down at me. I let out a chuckle and shook my head to which she smiled.

"You know, it's times like these that I cherish when you say my name and not refer to me as Mister." I pointed out and rested my palm against my chest.

"Well, that's because we're on holiday, previous places we've been to have been for work." She said as I nodded in agreement and thought of the rare times she said my name.

"I hope you're enjoying yourself so far." She added, and I looked up and noticed how she anxiously licked her lips. "I couldn't tell from your stressed-out face that I've gotten used to."

"I'm not stressed." I laughed to which Gabriella rolled her eyes. "And yes, I am enjoying myself in this beautiful place."

"There's still something on your mind." She said and gave me a once-over. "Is it because of Miss Martinez?"

"Julianna Castello." I corrected her then let out a shrug. "She's not on my mind, there's a low chance we'll see her, and frankly, I don't care."

When I turned to Gabriella, I saw the blank look she gave me. Her brown eyes bored into mine as if she searched for something but my jaw tightened, and I looked straight ahead where I saw Claudette and Dennis, for once not fighting but having fun together.