1: Easy as pie

Easy As Pie

They say the past, is left behind and that we should move on. We still remember every detail, every moment and every person. It might have happened but it builds us into the people we are today.

"Mr. Clarkson welcome." Lucas greeted in his English accent as he held the door.

I entered my parents' house taking in the smell of coconuts. My mother is obsessed with coconuts, and she has the scent all around the house.

"Thank you, Lucas," I said giving Lucas, my parents' butler a stiff nod.

"Adam! Come on in!" my mom said as she engulfed me in a hug. No surprise that she smells like coconuts.

She was currently wearing one of her designer outfits with heels. Her blonde hair was cut in a straight bob as the red lipstick on her lips formed into a smile. 

"Evening mother what was this about?" I asked raising a brow.

I was in the middle of sorting papering work out for one of our renovations for a hotel, but my father called me over immediately.

"Your father wouldn't say." She said as we walked through the living room.

We entered the kitchen where I found Lucas cleaning off the counter. My dad was talking to one of his employers.

 Simon was his name. Simon was my dad's investigator; he was always up to date on the news and everything that went on inside and outside of the Clarkson business. He typed furiously on his laptop as my dad spoke.

"Adam! Thank you for joining us, where is your brother?" my dad asked as I gave him a little hug.

 "He had to fly to New York this morning because he was settling an agreement with Mr. Robinson," I said as I took a seat by the marble island.

Henry Clarkson my older brother was going to take over the hotels very soon of the Clarkson family, we barely see him since he's always busy.

"Very well then. Let's begin." My dad said as he sat next to Simon.

"As you know my former 'friends' the Smith's have been very successful these past few years in the trading business." My dad said. He deeply sighed as I raised my eyebrows in confusion.

"What about them?" I asked getting quite curious.

The Smiths are a very lucky family since the eighties with their genes of running a business. They've become very successful over the years, worldwide with their companies Smith's Sports Industries and Smith Gems.

"David Smith has decided to expand his sports company once again." My dad said as he straightened his posture.

"So?" I asked looking confused as ever.

David Smith did that all the time, his sports shops are all over the world, so it's not news to me.

"He has decided to build another store in California, saying that the one that is already there is too small." My dad stated as he looked at Simon.

 "David Smith wants to build the second store close to the Clarkson Hotel," Simon said as he straightened his tie. My eyes widened as dad sighed.

"Why ours?" I asked. Lucas came over with a tray and put a cup of tea in front of each of us.

 "I don't know...all I know is that it will be competition if Smith's Sports Industry is placed there." My dad said as he rubbed his temples anxiously.

"What does this have to do with the Clarkson's?" I asked taking a sip of the tea. Even though Lucas was in his mid-fifties, he could still make good tea.