11: The Elevator

Song: Wasn't Expecting That

Artist: Jamie Lawson

The Elevator

The blood pumped through my veins as I clenched my fists. Sweat dripped down my face while I took sharp breaths.

I repeatedly hit the punching bag as I focused on it. It was an early Thursday morning, and I decided to have a gym session. The past few days have been nerve-wracking meetings with my dad and Mr. Bloyd.

Today is the day that we all have a meeting with Gabriella. Hadn't heard from her since Monday when she stepped out of the conference room. I'm optimistic about this meeting and the rest that will follow from there.

Just the thing that seems to be bothering me is Mr. Bloyd. Our meetings were fine but now he's currently in Florida for god knows how long. On the Brightside, he won't be in my way for a while.

"Whoa slow down," Mason said as the punching bag swayed.

I stopped it before it could hit me as I let out a groan. Mason stood on the other side then put his hands on it. He was wearing a Nike top, shorts, and runners. I wore something similar but a muscle tee.

"What's on your mind bro?" Mason asked as we walked to the bench. I grabbed my water bottle and took several sips then wiped my forehead.

"This thing with Mr. Bloyd. It's just unusual as to why Gabriella would tell me something like that." I said as we sat on the bench.

"Maybe Alicia is right. Maybe she was jealous that Mr. Bloyd didn't ask their family." Mason suggested causing me to scoff.

"You're always on Alicia's side aren't you? When are you gonna ask her out man?" I asked as I stood up again.

"What? It makes sense. And why would I ask her out?" he asked as he handed me a pair of boxing gloves.

"I know you like my sister Mase." I chuckled as we put them on.

"Liking your twin? Nah, dude, it's creepy." He laughed as we positioned ourselves.

"Ugh, please. When she had a boyfriend, you were more protective than Henry and me." I stated while jogging up.

He laughed so I took the chance and swung my fist. Mason saw it in time and ducked, so I used my other fist to hit him in the stomach.

"Oh, it's on Clarkson." He grinned.

"Hey just picture me as Alicia's ex," I said as he began to throw multiple punches yet I quickly dodged them.

"Which one?" he smirked as I rolled my eyes thinking of which guy would upset him more.

"The journalist." I grinned.

"That dick almost snitched on both our families!" Mason grumbled as he bawled his fist back and punched me square in the jaw.

I laughed as I staggered back and shook my head. "Yeah but thank goodness we dealt with him."

"Yeah wonder what happened to him," Mason stated as he wiggled his brows.

"I don't know. It's like he just fell off the face of the earth." I smirked as we continued.

"What is she doing now, though?" he asked.

"Helping my mom and Henry out with Lady Mineral," I replied.

"So you and your dad are the only ones with the hotels and resorts?" he asked as he took off his one glove.

"Yep. Henry jumps from place to place. I don't know which one he wants to take over." I mumbled.

"Maybe you'll take over one day? You have the degree and knowledge. Not to mention the freaking attitude." He joked causing me to roll my eyes.