3: Scheming

Scheming

Mr. Clarkson stood there jaw dropped. He didn't know how to feel, mixed emotions filled inside him. He was angry that somebody would actually have the audacity to talk to him like that but he was also curious as to why people were scared of her.

Clenching his fists, Adam stormed into the meeting room by now everyone was dismissed. Nick stood there with a frightened look on his face as he gripped the folders in his hands. Even though Adam was always like this Nick always seemed terrified.

"Ar-Are you okay sir?" he asked after a while.

Adam's snapped his head to glared at Nick, right now he wanted to punch a wall.

"It's rumored she's quite a workaholic, like you sir," Nick mumbled. He didn't know what came over him to add that last part but Adam always wanted Nick to be honest and so he was.

He Ignored Nick's statement and straightened his posture as he looked at his assistant confidently in the eye.

"Very well then, we have work to do," Adam said as he walked out of the meeting room with Nick trailing behind him.

...

Meanwhile, in the elevator Gabriella stood with her two assistances Dominique and Claire, she was already annoyed and irritated, and it wasn't even lunched yet.

"Girl you are amazing! I swear I needed some popcorn for that action!" Dominique laughed as he playfully put an arm around Gabriella, trying to compose his laughter.

Dominique Parton was Gabriella's friend all throughout high school, they met on the first day and been friends ever since. Dominique wasn't so fortunate and didn't have good opportunities like Gabriella did, so she asked him to be her personal assistant when she started. 

Dominique was shorter than Gabriella but he didn't care, his light brown hair combed to the side with a glossy shine. He had hazel green eyes matching his thin lips and pointy nose. He always wore light colored business shirts with a tie and trousers bring out that he has a bubbly personality.

Gabriella lightly chuckled at her friends' comment; she glanced over at Claire who was putting her laptop into her bag.

"Did you get all of that Claire?" Gabriella asked her assistant Claire Morgan.

She was in her mid-twenties. Probably Gabriella's 3rd assistant because she didn't like the first two but Claire was kind and managed to keep up with the work. At first, Claire was scared of Miss Smith but turns out she was not that bad once you got to know her.

Claire nodded as she gracefully sighed. Gabriella took Claire to all her meeting and conferences; Claire was the one who needed her laptop all the time because she would type out the meeting. Every single word that came out of Gabriella's mouth, Claire had to type it down. Her long blonde curls falling to her shoulders, she wore glasses hiding her blue eyes and perfect pink lips. Claire was skinny while dressed in a formal maroon dress with black heels.

"Good." Gabriella nodded as they waited for the elevator.

"Why did you give him another chance, though? He'll just use you anyway." Dominique said as they walked out of the elevator.

"This is crucial to my father and one of the projects where I'm working alone, but now that I think of it..." Gabriella trailed off as they walked out of the building.

Gabriella, Dominique, and Claire all piled into the Ghost Rolls Royce car, the driver started the engine and off they went, leaving Clarkson's head office.

"That man is trouble, but when I saw him I did a double take because hot damn he is drop dead gorgeous," Dominique said waving his hand in the air dramatically as he talked.