Piano Recital|Tsukihiko Amo x Reader

Start from the beginning

     No, it was because when she sat on the bench and played the first note, his world exploded with color.

     It was like someone had suddenly spilled an entire paint palette with colors that perfectly complimented each other onto the canvas of life. It was like those colors mixed together and created something completely new. It was like she didn't have a set color at all!

     One moment, he saw happy yellow, then angry red. The next chord spewed bright violet and dark indigo. The next note held sad navy and innocent periwinkle. The next exploded in a shower of sparkling silver and glittering gold. Little spots of shining magenta and swirling fuchsia floated in the air.

     The rainbow of color made Tsukihiko's jaw unhinge in awe, and so did everyone else's.

     Not only did he see all those colors, but his other senses experienced her music as well.

     Tsukihiko could hear the cheerful laughter of children and smell (F/F) cooking on the stove. He savored the delightful taste of (F/S) and felt the slightly painful pinch of a sewing needle on his fingertips.

     Tsukihiko was snapped out of his daze when a girl next to him bursted into tears.

     Staring at her, Tsukihiko felt a few tears slip from his own eyes. Who wouldn't cry at the sight of this amazing spectacle?

     Extravagantly, the girl finished up her piece with a flourish.

     All was silent as she nervously stood up and bowed, obviously unnerved by the audience's silence.

     Fidgeting with her necklace, she started walking off the stage just as the entire room bursted with applause.

     People were giving standing ovations left and right, hooting and hollering and throwing flowers onstage. They clapped and shouted and rained praise on that small figure on the stage.

     Tsukihiko was one of those people.

––

     Tsukihiko panted as he sprinted out of the auditorium and outside where everyone (including the students) was gathered. He had to find that girl.

     He huffed short breaths, rushing to try and find her. It was like a Cinderella story—he didn't want her to leave, but the stroke of midnight was approaching.

     "(L/N)!"

     A girl in a (F/C) dress whipped her head in his direction, and Tsukihiko's breath got taken away.

     He didn't know what color she radiated, but it warmed him up and made him feel energetic, like a good, strong cup of tea on a cold, lethargic day. The color was warm and buttery, like the sun peeking through the clouds or a gentle fire crackling nearby, radiating warmth. This girl was special, no doubt about it.

     "H-Hi..." Tsukihiko said in awe, sizing her up with wide eyes when he caught up with her. "Y-You're (L/N), right?"

     (L/N) blushed. "Y-Yes..." she murmured quietly. "Nice to meet you..."

     It took him a few moments to realize that she was asking for his name.

     "Ts-Tsukihiko Amo!" He stammered. He inwardly cursed. I sound so weird... "Nice to meet you too...!"

     She twiddled her thumbs as Tsukihiko thought up what to say.

     "U-Uh, I really liked your performance. It kind of changed my life."

     (L/N) looked down at her feet and blushed again, smiling a little. "Y-You liked it? Oh, I'm glad...!"

     Gosh, she's so cute. Tsukihiko thought. I think I'm in love.

     "Um, Amo, would you ever consider playing the violin?"

     Tsukihiko snapped out of his thoughts. He met her eyes. "Why would you ask that?"

     "Well..." The girl found herself staring into his eyes, seemingly intrigued. "I-If you played violin, you could be my accompanist... B-But only if you want to!" She squeezed her eyes shut and looked down, embarrassed.

     "I would definitely consider playing violin if I were to be your accompanist." He found himself saying without hesitation.

     (L/N) opened her eyes, looking back up. "You would?!"

     "Yeah..." Tsukihiko faltered. "I'll have to ask my family, but if I start playing the violin, you've gotta promise that the only accompanist you'll ever play with is me!"

     (L/N) grinned. "Of course! I promise!"

     "Pinky promise."

     She smiled and hooked her pinky with his. "Pinky promise!"

––

     A Few Years Later...

     "Tsukihiko!"

     (Y/N) ran to her friend and accompanist and embraced him tightly.

     "Hi, (Y/N)." He spoke calmly.

     She pulled away from the hug and gave him a giant grin. "Tsukihiko! I'm so happy to see you! How has Border been?"

     "Same as always," Tsukihiko replied plainly. "Considering my rank, it's pretty easy."

     "Good! You have the sheet music?"

     "Yes." He lifted up a blue folder with the words, 'SHEET MUSIC FOLDER: ACCOMPANIST STUFF' scribbled hastily on it.

     (Y/N) smiled. "Nice job! Now, let's go to my place—I have some pork buns steaming!"

     Tsukihiko allowed himself to admire her untarnished and beautiful color as she pulled him along. He glanced down at the crumpled confession note in his hand.

     Maybe I'll get to it one day. he thought. But for now, this is good enough.