quatorze

YOU'RE MINE !

Hours have passed by, the sound of men shouting out some weird codes for surgery is audible and Johnny is pacing right outside of her surgery room. All of a sudden Mackenzie is wheeled out and she looks somewhat alive, her eyes are opened and she's breathing properly.

She felt like absolute crap. Her head was pounding and she felt like she had just been run over and shot, them dropped off a mountain. It was painful.

Johnny had watched the doctors wheel Mackenzie back into her private room. They took a few minutes to speak to her and he noticed that one of the doctor's were writing down notes. They walked out after some time and nodded their heads at Johnny, allowing him to enter.

Johnny was so nervous, he shakily walked into the room. They hadn't left off on a good note. And he was the cause of al this.

Mackenzie looked up and noticed Johnny entering the room. Her eyes widened and her eyebrows were raised. She wanted him to go but she didn't have the energy to argue. Johnny shut the door and sat on the chair but Mackenzie told him to sit on the hospital bed.

He did as told and then looked into the brown orbs that he missed so much. She looked back at him, Mackenzie felt like crying. Johnny hen broke the silence. "How do you feel, Mackenzie?"

"I feel like I have just resurrected from the dead," Johnny couldn't help but feel the corners of his mouth lift, she looks down at her lap and softly smiles.

"Mackenzie I need to tell you this once and for all. But if you need me to remind you everyday I will. First off, I'm so fucking sorry for what I put you through. I hate myself for it, I had no idea you were driving and I needed to get your attention so I sent that text. You did not deserve to go through all that and I will help out as much as I can.

If I hadn't sent that text you would be okay, I'm so sorry. I will be here for you whenever you need me, you can call me and I'll run." Mackenzie couldn't stop the smile forming on her face.

He truly cared for her.

"Oh and one last thing, I'm so so sorry for making you feel like shit. I shouldn't of been getting with other girls while that plan was still happening. And even if it was fake, it was the realest two months of my fucking life. I wish you were my actual girlfriend."

"Johnny, I don't know what to say. You hurt me, a lot. But I really really like you, fuck I even love you." Johnny smiled so big when he heard those words.

She loved him back, that's all he wished for.

"And I love you, Mackenzie. So fucking much." He leaned in, the brunette also inched closer to Johnny. It's not like they haven't kissed before.

Before Johnny could match their lips they were interrupted by the doctor who had walked in. They jumped away from each other and made it look like they weren't just about to kiss.

"Sir, since Mrs Ziegler is awake we have to ask you to leave, go get your well needed sleep. You've been here for five days, she'll be here in the morning." He bit his lip and nodded, grabbing his things and heading for the door.

Mackenzie's stomach was filled with butterflies. He really did love her. "Wait!" Her soft voice shouted, making Johnny turn around.

"You stayed, for real? Why did you do that?" She questioned.

"Because I love you."

-

"Mackenzie Ziegler, you're able to go home today. Your mother has signed everything, do you have all your items packed?" She nods, running her hands down her jumper and leggings.

"Very well then, you may leave. It was a pleasure to be able to take care of you, tell that boy of yours to protect you so he won't have to be here anymore." The doctor jokes, she lightly chuckled and waved goodbye.

Melissa smiles and grabs the bags from her daughter. She was so thankful that Mackenzie was okay, she was just worried about her husband. What if he hurts Mackenzie again? And why isn't she leaving him?

"Let's go home, honey."

Mackenzie rested her head on the car window, looking at the scenery pass by. She couldn't think about anything but Johnny. Why would he love her?

Her mother pulled up in the driveway and grabbed the bags after locking the car door. Melissa unlocked the front door and allowed Mackenzie to walk in. She jumped once she heard a chorus of 'Surprise' being yelled. Party poppers were popped and somebody had switched on the light.

Mackenzie looked around and spot her friends and family, but what surprised her the most was her sister. The brunette bolted towards the adult and leaped into her arms. She held her and didn't want to let go.

"I missed you so much, Maddie!" She cried onto her shoulder. They had their little moment and began to talk. After, Mackenzie went around and hugged everybody who came to see her.

The evening was spent well, they all danced along with the music, played a few games and just chilled. She saw Johnny but never gave him a proper hello. Mackenzie was scared too after their moment in the hospital.

She had entered the kitchen to grab some more pretzels from the pantry when somebody had approached Mackenzie from behind. They grabbed her waist and turned her around, connecting their lips with Mackenzie's.

She felt so good that she kissed back and wrapped her hands around their neck, slipping into a rhythm with their lips. Her veins were filled with energy and tingles.

Mackenzie needed to pull away if she wanted to breathe. She looked up and connected her eyes with the familiar green orbs. "Ok you've got to be kidding me!"

"Can we talk?" He muttered, allowing the brunette to nod slowly. They walk upstairs and enter. Mackenzie's bedroom. The duo sat down and faced each other.

"Mackenzie, I love you so much. More than words could ever describe. But I need to know, will we ever develop into something more. " He honestly whispered, grabbing her hands.

"I'm madly in love with you, but that doesn't mean we're suddenly okay. I need time, and if you loved me you'd respect that. Sure, we could be friends but for now let me think. I'm recovering and maybe after I'm fully healthy, we could try for something real." She admit, his eyes water but he still manages to shoot one of his adorable smiles.

Johnny really wanted to date her right now, he didn't want to wait any longer. But he respected Mackenzie and her choices. After all it's the least he could do.

"Of course, Kenzie. Friends it is, now want to go back down?" He questioned.

"Yeah."

Hand in hand, they joined their friends and family again downstairs, enjoying the night together. As friends.

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀

someone hand me some love 🤲🏼💝💗💓💘💖