Not my brothers

Jimin sighed as he walked down the stairs, shouldering his bag. Of all days, he hated school days the most. 

As he neared the kitchen, he could already see the rest of his family eating pancakes. He dumped his bag by the doorway and entered, sitting down quietly. 

"Why are you so slow, Park Jimin?" his Mum asked, annoyance evident on her face. "Everyone is almost finished."

Jimin muttered a soft apology and began to eat his pancake, looking down at his food as a conversation started up between the other family members.

Park Jimin was a stranger in the family.

"I'm gonna enter an art contest today" Jungkook smiled as he sipped his milk. "Mr. Gong has been preparing me for it for weeks."

"I'm sure you'll do a good job, Kookie" Mr.Kim nodded and looked at the eldest of the siblings. "I heard you and Namjoon have a meeting after school. The school phoned us yesterday night so we could rearrange your schedules early."

"Does that mean I'm going home alone?" Taehyung pouted and looked at Jin. "But I don't like being alone"

"I'm still here, you know" Jungkook replied casually. "Just wait for me. It won't be long"

Yeah, and I totally don't exist Jimin thought bitterly. It's not like I walk home alone everyday anyway

"Jimin, your hair is a mess" his mother grumbled. "Why can't you try to look smart like your other siblings? Be a little self-conscious, will you?"

Jimin said nothing. He placed down his fork and knife, suddenly not feeling hungry. 

"Are you not gonna eat that?" Jin asked, looking over at Jimin's pancake that still had three quarters left. "Can I have it?"

Jimin pushed his plate over to the eldest and quietly stood up.

"I'll be going to school" he said and bowed before picking up his bag and walking out. While he made his way, he let himself be enveloped by memories.

His real Dad died of leukemia two years ago, and his mother remarried a year later. 

Plenty of things changed since then. Jimin had never seen his mother smile at him since she married Mr.Kim, and he had never received love equal to that of his siblings. He was neglected and constantly reminded that he was inferior in every way.

Jimin knew that.

The Kim's were all popular and had intelligence way beyond his own. He was nothing compared to them.

And the whole school knew.

When he arrived at school at 7 in the morning, he knew exactly what to expect. As he walked down the hallway, he was slammed harshly against the row of lockers lining the walls.

"Get out of my way, Ugly Pig" Someone laughed and Jimin felt a hand pull him from the back of his collar, into the boys toilet. 

"Money is in my bag." Jimin stated and pulled out his lunch money. "This is all I have, so take it and leave me alone"

One of the larger boys took his money and smirked.

Jimin sighed as he they turned around but was startled when one of them whipoed around amd kicked him in the stomach.

"That's for being worthless, you ugly moron!" he laughed. Jimin took blow after blow, face blank and not making a sound. He was okay with this.

He deserved this because he was exactly as they said.

The voices in his head said so. That was how he started thinking ever since he had turned 16. 

It took him 15 minutes to finally force himself to his knees. He was going to be late.