Chapter 81

~Sorry so late. My phone died in the middle of editing and I just got to my charger 30 minutes ago :( ~

Chapter 81

"Just set that in the last room on the right" I watched as the two men carried Harry's desk to the far room. We had debated over making it a play room for Aidan, eventually deciding on an office until he was older.

"Thanks" Harry handed the clipboard back to a tall man, who I felt had been pointless. He had pretty much directed everyone else from the moving company on what to do, while he chatted with Harry about the studio below. "Hold on I need to take this" he held his phone up to his ear. "Hey Ed. Did you get the gate code figured out?"

He glanced up at me. The code hadn't been working since we started the move. The gate would be open every time we went downstairs. Harry was on edge because of it.

"Ok I'll give it to Charlie and I'll see you on Monday? Ok thanks again"

He hung up sliding his phone into his pocket.

"Ok! Everything is in. Did you need us to move any of the big furniture around before we go?"

"No man, you guys were very helpful we can figure everything else out" Harry handed him a check before the four men exited our new apartment.

"Did Niall contact you yet?"

"Not yet" he moved over to the couch.

"What about your mom?"

"Yea she landed early this morning. She's already wanting to come back though."

"I lived having her here. My mom really enjoyed spending time with her as well. Maybe she could come back to help plan the wedding"

"Maybe" he clearly wasn't interested in the conversation anymore as he swiped the screen of his phone.

I nodded walking down the hall to lock the door. Gated entrance or not. That door would be locked at all times. When I walked back to the living room Harry was texting.

"I'll text you the new code. Ed thinks it just needed to be reset"

"Ok. Are you hungry?"

"A little" he never looked up from his phone.

The tension had been a bit high since I told him about Alex. He was more cautious with everything. He didn't want anyone but our closest friends knowing where we were moving. He did everything he could to keep me home. Always finding an excuse as to why I should just stay in.

I walked to the kitchen pulling a jar of spaghetti sauce from the cabinet. Ed had stocked everything before we officially moved in. Harry had a fit until Ed promised to eat dinner with us when he was in town.

"Is spaghetti ok?"

"Yea it's cool"

"When will the cable guy be here?"

"Um Monday afternoon. I have a meeting with Ed and a couple artist. You'll be here right?"

He finally looked over the couch in my direction.

"Yea. I don't have any plans. My best friend is in Ireland for the next 2 months. So nothing much for me to do"

"Call Louis or something. He keeps accusing me of hiding you"

"Well..." I filled a pot with water for the noodles. Careful not to spill it as I walked to the stove.

"What's that suppose to mean?" I heard his crutches against the wood floor. He was in the kitchen now. I turned seeing him pull out a stool to lean on.