[viii] brotherly

double updates bc lololol trust me, it gets interesting v v soon

[8]

stress.

anxiety.

a serious lack of spirit.

these could be used to describe the feeling one receives backstage before they're about to perform a show they'll only ever do once, and one they can never do again.

taehyung sat on the floor, knees clutched to his chest. he was telling himself that this was a stretch, when really his knees had bite marks from where he'd been nervously nibbling on anything he could find.

the other members were beside him, though none were sat down. they were all either rehearsing vocals, intros or choreography. the air buzzed with bundles of neuroticism.

"v hyung?" he heard a maknae call from out of the blue. from what he could tell, there were no cameras, so why was he calling taehyung that? jungkook emerged from behind jin and took a seat besides him. "aish, wait, i'm sorry. i guess i'm used to being around the camera, huh?"

"ha, yeah." taehyung nodded. he took in jungkook's state that appeared to be worse than him- he was sweating profusely already, even though the scene was dimly lit, his Adams apple was bobbing up and down frantically, suggesting he was swallowing nothing but air and breathing heavily.

"are you okay?" taehyung asked, concerned.

"what?" jungkook shook his gaze away from dreamily gazing off into the distance to glance at tae. "y-yeah, i'm totally fine."

"bullshit." taehyung mumbled, looking down at the floor to calm his nerves also.

"well, maybe i'm a little concerned that if i fuck up then the whole things ruined and it's my fault and we can never do it ever again and... ah, fuck, i hope i don't mess it up."

"jungkook." taehyung whispered, placing a hand on the younger's knee and rubbing comfortingly. "you won't. you'll do it perfectly, because that's what you always do, okay? trust me."

jungkook looked a bit longer into taehyung's eyes, then lost the contact, as it became too intimate for just two bros being encouraging as friends. taehyung patted jungkook's knee in a more... brotherly way than anything, and removed his hand straight after.

"yah, c'mere guys, quick!" namjoon hissed as the singing and rapping practice became hushed. taehyung and jungkook and the other members gathered in a circle and put there hands together. "i love you guys. " namjoon smiled at each and every one of them. sure, some of their fan service was a little rehearsed, but their true friendship could never be planned out to perfection, as it was already existing perfectly. "bangtan bangtan!"

"bang bangtan!"

"welcome to the stage, bangtan sonyeondan!"

×

sorry this was rather short (eek) but don't worry, shit gets real, real soon ;))