Chapter 42

Just because some of you asked for it, I'm giving you this extra chapter. Also, you gave me my Christmas gift by getting this story to #10 in Fanfiction, so this is from me to you guys. I hope you'll like it, and Merry Christmas everyone xx

[Harry]

It had been a month since mum and Troy found out about my and Louis' relationship. It had also been a month since Louis told me we were better off not being together. At first, I had taken it pretty badly. I didn't want to believe it and tried to tell him that we should stay in a relationship due to our deep feelings for one another, but also because Miranda's words had really given me hope. However, after some time, I had started getting used to it.

After Louis' conversation with his dad where he found out that Troy didn't mind him being together with me (as long as he was happy), you probably would have thought that the first thing he did was to get back together with me, but that was not what happened. I was more than happy when I found out about Troy's approval even if it took some time for my mum to accept it. I thought that Louis would change his mind immediately considering he didn't have to worry about his dad hating or disowning him any longer, but no. Things weren't that easy.

I could still remember the day we walked upstairs to go to sleep and he had asked me to follow him to his room. It was just the day after our parents found out about us. I thought he was about to tell me that he had changed his mind about everything and wanted to be with me again, but that wasn't the case. Instead, he had told me what his father had said, and sure, that made him happy, but then he had told me that he couldn't let anyone get hurt because of him. He said that if we were to date, he wouldn't be able to live with the thought of having to see me receive hate every day. He also said that he wouldn't want our family to be prejudiced just because of our relationship.

To be honest, I thought it was all just a bunch of bullshit. To me, it didn't matter what anyone else thought about us as long as I got to be with him. However, I knew that he had always been the type of guy who cared about everyone else's opinions. He did already when we used to be friends two years ago. He had been so careful. No one could know about our friendship because he was afraid of what their reactions may have been if they found out. The same thing went with when we found out that we were stepbrothers. He made sure that no one knew about it and that I didn't tell anyone because he wanted to keep it a secret. Even if he never admitted it, I was pretty sure he was embarrassed by me. Maybe he had gotten over it now, but I wasn't sure.

I'd didn't matter, though, because I still loved him just as much. It was just a little flaw he had. But I mean, who didn't have flaws? I sure did, and according to me, no one was perfect.

After that night, we hadn't talked very much to each other. We ate dinner together with our family, we sometimes stumbled into each other in the mornings when we were leaving the house and sometimes we even managed to enter the bathroom at the same time in the evenings. However, each time it happened, one of us would just excuse ourselves and leave just as quickly.

I hated it, but after a while of having to live with it, I was starting to get used to it. Don't get me wrong. I still missed him. I missed him so much that I had trouble falling asleep at night. And when I eventually did, I would always sleep awfully, and I was pretty sure you could see it as well. I had never looked so tired in my entire life as I did these days. I mean, my mum had even questioned me about it, and that was saying something.

It saddened me that Louis didn't even seem bothered by it, or he was just very good at hiding it. He usually kept to himself, though, going to his room whenever he got home from school and stayed there until it was time to eat dinner. To be honest, it didn't even feel like we lived in the same house anymore. That was how seldom I actually saw him.