Chapter 4

[Harry]

I couldn't believe my eyes. There was no way Louis Tomlinson out of all people was standing in the doorframe of my own kitchen right in front of my mother, his hands stuffed in his pockets. It didn't even look right. He was just not supposed to be there.

So this meant he was my new stepbrother? Seriously, what had I ever done to deserve this? All I wanted was someone I would get along with, not the one person who hated me the most in this entire world.

"What the hell?" Louis hissed, and I could see from the corner of my eye how he clenched his jaw together in anger.

"You guys know each other?" My mum asked in confusion, glancing back and forth between me and Louis.

I didn't even spare him another glance when I mocked. "Well, if you count him picking on me and making my life a living hell, then sure, we definitely know each other." I rolled my eyes, looking anywhere but him.

"Is this true, Louis?" Troy asked disappointedly.

Louis was biting his bottom lip, looking as innocent as ever even though we both knew he was as far from innocent as one could possibly come. He was acting like he hadn't just shouldered me this morning in the hallway and then pushed me against the wall of lockers. What a fucking pussy. "No. I don't know what he's talking about. I have never laid a finger on him. The only reason we know each other is because we were paired up for a project once. Other than that, I have never interacted with him."

Yeah, right, as if they were going to believe that. Why would we have greeted each other the way we did if we had only hung out for a project before? And with such anger? Not to be mean, but they would be idiots if they believed him.

"I'm sorry, my son, but I can't see a reason for Harry to lie about something this serious. Besides, it doesn't really make sense because you practically just hissed out his name," Troy said slowly, probably not wanting to upset Louis since he obviously knew about his temper.

"So you believe him and not me? Wow, thanks a lot, dad. I will remember that for sure. Good to know I have you on my side," he said sarcastically, rolling his eyes.

My mum stepped out from the spot behind Louis and walked over to place her hands on Troy's shoulders from behind, making Louis grimace for a second. "Come on, guys. This was supposed to be a fun meeting, not an opportunity for you all to start arguments. So, how about we stop fighting and make dinner instead?" She suggested, raising an eyebrow.

I glanced at Gemma who seemed deep in thought where she was sitting on her chair, a frown evident on her face. I had no idea what she was thinking about, but it wouldn't surprise me if it was about me and Louis and everything I had ever told her about him. She didn't even seem to notice that mum had suggested something.

Louis, on the other hand, seemed to think that mum's idea was not a very good one, more like the worst he'd ever heard. And, to be honest, I actually agreed with him on this. We would surely not be able to cook dinner together. That would definitely not end well. "No fucking way, I'm out of here. Where's my new room, anyways?"

Mum pouted, obviously not pleased with Louis' answer nor the tone he was using. She was that kind of mother who wanted her kids to have great manners, and not ones who had a terrible vocabulary and bad behavior. It wasn't hard to tell Louis wasn't quite keeping up to her desires by the looks of it. "First door on the right on the second floor," she mumbled, and Louis was out like a light, sending me a cold look on his way.

Troy let out a sigh, putting his hand over his face. "I'm so sorry about him, that's just his way of handling things. He'd rather run away from his problems than have to face them for too long. Hopefully, he'll warm up to all this new stuff soon, though."