Chapter 6

[Harry]

Gemma left my room only a few minutes later, when both of us could hear Louis trudging down the stairs. She told me to follow her, implying that he shouldn't have to wait for me just because he didn't know where the bus stop was located. I let out a sigh, but reluctantly did what she said.

When I came downstairs, I was met with the sight of Louis standing in the entryway, slipping on his black Vans. Wordlessly, I walked over to him to do the same thing and shrugged on my jacket. "Bye, Gemma. See you after school," I called once Louis and I were ready to go.

"Bye, H!" She called back from her bedroom.

From the corner of my eye, I could see Louis roll his eyes, making me turn to him. "What?"

"Oh, nothing," he said, a smirk playing on his lips. "Just funny how you can't leave without having to say goodbye to your sister."

I shot him a glare, turning the doorknob to exit the house. "Shut up. You don't even know the feeling of having a sibling, so how about you just keep quiet, huh?" I hissed.

He did go silent after that, and a frown slowly made its way to his face. We started walking to the bus stop in uncomfortable silence, and the more time that passed by, the more concerned I got that I had hit a soft spot. Not that I actually cared about him, but it was odd to witness him being so quiet around me. He usually didn't hesitate to make a move to insult me whenever he got the chance to.

After a few minutes, Louis began searching his pockets for something, and the next second he was holding a cigarette between two of his fingers and a lighter in the other hand. I scrunched my nose up as he brought it to his mouth and reached up to light it. "Gross," I muttered under my breath, turning my gaze away from him.

"Huh?" He wondered, his eyes trying to meet mine. "You were saying?"

"I said..." I snatched the cigarette from his lips and held it up so he could clearly see what I was referring to. "That this is disgusting and bad for you for that matter."

He took it back from me immediately and placed it between his lips again. "Since when did you fucking care that I expose myself to bad stuff? It's my own decision anyway," he snarled, taking a drag from the cancer stick.

Grey smoke started spreading around us in thick circles, and I had to pinch my nose not to gag at the awful smell. "Whatever, it's still disgusting, and I'd rather you not do it in my proximity, alright?"

Rolling his eyes, he nodded his head. "I'll keep that in mind, wimp."

I didn't even bother giving him a comeback, knowing it would only make matters worse. Sure, I usually told him something in return when he would insult me even if it didn't make things better, but I was too tired of arguing with him at this point to do so now. Instead, I watched him from the corner of my eye, smoking the cigarette until it was only the butt left, and he had to drop it to the ground and stomp on it.

Only a few minutes later, we finally arrived at the bus stop, where several students were already gathered. Louis didn't hesitate to walk away from me and join some other guys who I knew played on the football team with him. It wasn't like I expected him to stay with me anyway, and it wasn't like I wanted him to either.

Letting out a sigh, I leaned against a pole nearby, and pulled out my phone of my jeans pocket, checking my social media. By the time I had checked my Twitter and Facebook, the bus pulled up in front of us, so I could finally get on. Louis was nowhere in sight at this point, but I assumed the command mum had given me was done with now, so I didn't even bother checking on him.