Chapter 3

[Louis]

"Louis, don't forget to make sure you've packed all your things. We're leaving at four in the afternoon, when school and work are finished, alright?" My dad reminded me when I was just about to exit the apartment and go down to the bus stop.

I didn't want to answer him because I honestly couldn't care less about this stupid move, but I didn't want to be rude to my dad either. He was the only one I had after all. "Okay," I muttered before closing the door behind me, jogging down the street to the bus stop that was around the corner.

The place was crowded with people once I got there, which wasn't exactly unusual. I lived in the center of Holmes Chapel, where almost everybody hopped on the bus that took us to the only high school around here. The place was practically bound to be crowded, although it didn't go more than a few hundred people to the school.

What was sad, though, was that none of my closest friends lived around here. They lived on the other side of the city, also the side I was going to move to today. That was honestly the only good thing about moving there. I was going to be closer to where my friends lived. Other than that, there was no good thing about it. At all.

"Oi, Louis!" Someone hollered when I was just about to come to a halt. I turned my gaze up to see Ed standing a few yards from me, a smile on his face. He was a guy on the football team who simply got along with everyone. I seriously didn't know anyone who had something against him. He was just that guy everybody liked, including me.

"Hey, mate," I greeted, plastering a smile on in return.

He stuffed his hands in his pockets, probably to shield them from the cold outside. "I wanted to ask you when practice starts today since we switched times last week and all."

"Oh," I grimaced. "It's at four, but I'm not coming today. Unfortunately, I'm moving to this house across town in the afternoon..." I trailed off.

His eyes widened as if realizing something. "Right! I read your tweet last week. Man, I feel sorry for you. I wouldn't want to move to a family I haven't met before either," Ed said sympathetically, patting my shoulder.

"Yeah, it kind of sucks. However, I'm eighteen in about a year, so I don't have to stay there for long before I can move to my own flat or attend University or whatever," I shrugged. Really, I was just trying to point out the 'not so bad' things about the move, but I doubted I sounded convincing. I literally hated it with every fiber of my body. I didn't want to live in a house full of people I didn't know. Why couldn't they move to our apartment instead? I mean, then I wouldn't have to leave everything behind. Though, I didn't really like the thought of having a new step brother and sister, nor a mother for that matter. I liked it the way it was right now, with only me and my dad.

Ed gave me a small smile. "Well, I hope it turns out well for ya, mate," he said before walking back to his other friends. "And thanks for telling me what time practice is."

I just gave him a nod in return and let out a sigh. Running a hand through my fringe, I looked up to see the bus turning the corner at the end of the street, moving in our direction. The moment it stopped in front of us, I hopped on and started walking along the bus, fist bumping with the people I recognized from school before sitting down next to my girlfriend in the back. "Hi, love," I greeted, leaning in to kiss her on the cheek.

Eleanor beamed at my touch, leaning her head against my shoulder as she took my hand in hers, threading our fingers together. "Hey. So, you're moving today, huh?" She hummed, her smile turning into a pout instead.

"Unfortunately, yeah. This will be the last time we're riding the same bus together, except for the times we're sleeping over at each other's places, that is," I told her, not wanting to meet her gaze. It was actually really sad because I enjoyed meeting Eleanor in the mornings and just have a long talk with her until we hopped off the bus at school. It was our daily routine, something I had grown used to, so it was nothing but sad to see it coming to an end.