Chapter 32

[Louis]

Throughout the rest of that week, there were many times I had the same strange feeling that someone was observing me. It only occurred when I was at school, though, and not when I was somewhere else. I knew it could be that I was just overreacting because many people were going to our school, so anyone could be watching me without there really being a reason behind it.

I couldn't help but feel like this situation was different, though. It was more like someone was creepily observing me, and that would not have been the case if it was just some random student who was watching me in the hallway.

Even though it bugged me quite a lot, I hadn't told anyone about it. Not that I felt ashamed of it... Okay, maybe a little, but mostly because I didn't feel the need to tell anyone. I mean, there was nothing there whenever I checked anyway, so why should I even go around and worry about it?

That was not the only thing I was getting worried about, though. It felt like Gemma had started getting more observant in the last couple of days as well. Whenever we all ate together, she would look between me and Harry suspiciously. And it wasn't just in the kitchen this would happen, but whenever Harry and I were in the same room as her. It was making me nervous, and it only added to the list of why Harry and I should be more careful about our relationship.

However, when I mentioned this to Harry, he didn't seem very pleased, and I understood him. We didn't have much of a love life as it was now, and I wanted us to spend even less time together? Well, I didn't want it, but you got my point. We had to be careful, and I had been very clear with that ever since the start.

It was now Friday afternoon, and today, we were actually going out for dinner. It was something we hadn't done ever since what happened the last time we did. I guess neither dad nor Anne wanted a repeat of the disaster that went down then, so that was probably why they hadn't bothered to plan another family dinner at a restaurant. Not until now, that was.

I was currently lying on my bed, going through my phone while waiting for us to leave. As far as I knew, Harry was in his own room across the hallway, doing God knows what, but I had a feeling he was on his phone as well.

To say I was excited about going out would be a lie because I wasn't exactly looking forward to pretending that I hated Harry. It was actually something that I had started finding more difficult to do around our family, and I honestly wasn't sure if I could last an entire evening without showing my feelings for him. It would definitely be a hard task, which I was not looking forward to.

What I was looking forward to, however, was the opportunity to be around Harry. Usually, we couldn't be too close to each other since we were considered enemies, and it would be weird if we were seen together by our parents, but now that we didn't have any other choice, it was very nice and appreciated, even if we couldn't show how much we actually liked each other.

I looked at the time on my phone, noticing that it was only five minutes until we were leaving. Knowing Anne, she would get mad if I didn't show up on time. A few weeks ago, I wouldn't have cared whatsoever about her opinion, but ever since things had started changing between me and Harry, I had begun accepting my new family more and more. I was starting to become happy for my dad that he had moved on from mom, but I hadn't fully accepted it yet, which I wasn't sure that I would ever do.

A minute later, I decided to get up from my bed to put on my jean jacket, which I wore almost every day. I then checked myself in the mirror, going over my outfit in the process; my skinny, black, ripped jeans and my black t-shirt. The ends of my pants were unfolded at the ends, just like I always had them, and my hair was a little disheveled thanks to the pillow. I ran my hands through it a few times in hopes of it getting better, which it did a little.