Chapter 33

[Harry]

As expected, the food was already on the table when we returned to our seats. Judging by the steam that was coming from it, it couldn't have been too long since it arrived, though, but mum and Troy didn't seem very pleased with the fact that we had been gone for so long anyway.

"Where have you two been? I hope you didn't disappear just to bicker with one another. This was meant to be a nice and cozy dinner, and then you just walk off like that," mum said disappointingly, shaking her head.

I gave her an apologetic look. "We weren't bickering, mum. When Gemma was done talking to us, we just had to visit the bathroom," I lied, turning to Gemma to give her a pointed look.

She nodded her head frantically. "Yeah, didn't I say that when I came back? They just had to use the toilet quickly."

Troy furrowed his eyebrows. "I thought you said they were coming in a minute because they had something to discuss?" He asked in confusion.

Wow, great Gemma. You're already doing so great with not trying to expose us...

She scratched the back of her neck awkwardly. "Yeah, they were going to discuss something in the bathroom, that's what I meant," she tried to save herself, but Troy looked very skeptical, and I didn't blame him.

"Well, it's not like it matters anyway. We're here now and the food hasn't even gone cold, so let's dig in, shan't we?" Louis suggested, but you could hear the slight tone of panic in his voice.

Mum nodded her head in agreement. "Yeah, Louis' probably right. Let's put this behind us, but I don't want this to repeat itself, alright?"

Louis and I nodded our heads quickly. After that, we all dug into our food, which was nothing but delicious. I had ordered a pizza Margherita, and the Italian version of it was just the best. I absolutely loved it, and judging by the silence that stayed during the entire dinner, I was certain I wasn't the only one enjoying my food. There were a lot of 'mm's' coming from my family members' mouths, which only added to my assumptions.

When the food was gone, the same waitress that served our food returned to our table. This time, I was aware of the attention she was giving me, but I wasn't interested. I didn't want to seem rude about it, though, so I just smiled back at her and tried to act civil.

"Did you enjoy the food?" She asked hopefully, flicking her gaze between all five of us, but stopped at me.

We all nodded our heads. "Yeah, it was absolutely delicious. There's no question that we'll be coming back, right guys?" Troy said.

"Definitely, it was amazing," Mum agreed, giving the girl a wide smile.

"What about you?" She asked me, batting her eyelashes expectantly. "What did you think?"

I raised my eyebrows, slightly surprised that she had spoken to me, although I probably shouldn't be. "Uh, yeah, the pizza was very great. I'll definitely come back to this place sometime."

She let out a small chuckle. "I hope it's not just for the pizzas," she winked.

Laughing dryly, I shook my head. "Yeah, sure."

From the corner of my eye, I could see Louis roll his eyes. "We're ready to take the note, please," he said, not even looking at her as he did so. I may also add that his voice sounded a bit flat.

To be quite honest, I found it entertaining when Louis was jealous. I mean, that meant he really did have feelings for me. Not that I doubted it, but it was always nice to have it confirmed. Additionally, it was definitely a turn on that he acted all grumpy just because a girl was flirting with me.