Chapter 28

[Harry]

Of course, mum had to interrupt us. If it wasn't Gemma, it was the other person in my family. Next time it wouldn't surprise me if it was Louis' dad who did it... even if I certainly did not hope so.

Louis pulled away and buried his face in my neck, letting out a groan. "How about some fucking privacy?" He muttered against my skin, making me let out a chuckle.

"Agreed."

He made a move to get off me, but I pulled him back down with my arms that were still wrapped around his neck to press our lips together just once more. "Sorry, I had to," I said innocently.

Rolling his eyes, he shook his head. "Maybe I should have a limit on how much you are allowed to kiss me in one sitting," he pondered jokingly.

I slapped his bicep, making him let out a laugh. "You wouldn't dare. Besides, I'm pretty certain you're not complaining about it."

He pretended to think about it for a second. "Yeah, you're probably right."

"Probably?" I snorted.

He ran one of his hands through my curls, giving my lips another chaste kiss before flashing me a wink. "Yep, probably."

With that said, he hoisted himself off me and reached his hand out for me to take once he was stood with his feet on the floor. Glaring at him, I took it almost unwillingly although I knew he was only playing with me. That didn't change the fact that I could be a little pissed at him... but only a little.

He wrapped his arm around my waist when we exited the room. The action caught me off guard because I thought he would act as if nothing just happened between the two of us and go back to how we used to be. It made me smile, but of course, it would turn out I spoke too soon.

Once we were at the bottom of the stairs, he dropped his arm and leaned in to whisper in my ear. "Remember, act like we always do around each other, alright?"

With a sigh, I nodded. I didn't want to, but I knew he was right and that we had no other choice. I just wished things weren't like this. I wanted to be able to show everyone that he now belonged to me, especially our parents, but unfortunately I couldn't, and I hated it.

When we entered the kitchen, I wasn't surprised to see mum and Troy already sitting at the table with the food in front of them. It did surprise me a little that Gemma wasn't there yet, though, but I assumed that had to do with the fact that she still had Devon over.

Troy smiled at our arrival, but the smile soon turned into confusion. "Am I seeing correctly? Did you two just arrive at the same time?"

I mentally slapped myself on the forehead for being so stupid, and through the corner of my eye, I could see that Louis was thinking something similar to it by the way he was biting his bottom lip. It was the first time meeting our parents after our talk and we had already fucked something up. Great. "Yeah, I guess we just managed to leave our rooms at the same time," Louis shrugged, acting as if it was no big deal.

I had to say that he was actually pretty good at acting, and it became clear when both Troy and mum seemed to buy it. None of them pushed it any further, Troy merely nodded his head. Both Louis and I let out a sigh of relief before walking over to join our parents at the kitchen table.

"Gemma and Devon went over to spend the night at his place, so it'll only be the four of us tonight," mum informed as we were all seated.

So that was the reason she wasn't here yet...

"Perfect," Louis muttered, rolling his eyes.

Troy shot him a warning look, which Louis ignored as he plated his food. Yet again, I was impressed by his acting. If I hadn't known better, I would easily have believed him. But now I knew that he was just playing since he didn't have anything against the thought of it only being the four of us having dinner together.