Chapter 5

[Harry]

"That was all for today, class. See you again tomorrow."

I shut my books and got up from my chair to make my way out of the classroom quickly, wanting to get home as soon as possible. Before I had even turned the first corner to my locker, I felt someone tug at my arm from behind, pulling me back. I turned around to face the person, furrowing my eyebrows because who in the world would want to talk to me?

My eyes widened at the sight of Louis Tomlinson, the most popular guy at school, standing there, his hands in his pockets, and a sheepish smile on his lips. He was looking at his surroundings every now and then as if he was worried someone might catch sight of him. "Come on," he said, pulling me by the arm into the janitor's closet across the hallway before anyone could see us together.

Once he had closed the door behind us, he turned to me again, giving me a small smile. "Hi."

"Uh, hi?" I said, feeling confused as to why he out of all people would want to talk to me. None of the popular kids had ever even acknowledged me before. I bet they didn't even know who I was... or maybe they did, considering Louis was standing in front of me right now?

"Harry, isn't it?"

I nodded slowly. "Yeah. Why are you talking to me? Or more specifically, why did you just pull me into the janitor's closet? Have I done something to you?"

He shook his head. "No, of course not. I wanted to talk to you about uh..." He trailed off, biting his bottom lip hesitantly.

"About what?"

He took a deep breath. "You're smart, right?"

Shrugging, I sent him a confused look. "I've got straight A's, if that answers your question. However, it doesn't answer mine. Why are you talking to me? How do you even know who I am?"

It didn't make sense to me at all. Louis was that kind of guy who would rather die than talk to a nerd like me, so how come he was standing right in front of me and actually being nice? Sure, no one could see us, but that was only expected. The fact that he was nice, however, was what really caught me off guard. Louis Tomlinson kind to a nerd? No, I don't think so.

"Harry, we have all our classes together if you didn't already know that. That's how I know who you are. Anyway, I wanted to ask you if you could maybe help me out with something, please?" He said, pouting his lips in an adorable way. He looked like an innocent puppy, and I could tell people had a hard time saying no to that face.

"What do you want my help for? If you're here to ask me if I can do your homework, then the answer is no. I don't do anyone's homework but my own. It doesn't matter who it is, a friend or a popular guy like you. I never accept those kinds of offers," I said firmly, crossing my arms over my chest.

He let out a chuckle, leaning back a little. "You've got an attitude, I like it. But no, I don't want you to do my homework for me. Actually, I would like you to tutor me. I am failing in almost all of my classes and I could really use some help seeing as the teachers don't have time to help all of us. Would you please do that for me?"

Raising my eyebrows in shock, I opened my mouth, but nothing seemed to come out. He wanted my help to tutor him? But why me out of all people? I was sure he had some smart friends who he would rather choose to ask than a loser like myself. There had to be some kind of catch, or maybe it was all simply a dare or something. "If this is a dare, I swear I--"