Chapter 19

I didn't talk hardly at all for the rest of the day. Sydney kept asking what was up, and I always said I was fine. But she could see through me like a window. After she kept pestering me, I told her I'd tell her when I was ready. She reluctantly said that was okay and watched me get into my dad's car and leave.

The ride home was also silent except for the radio. I don't know if dad could tell something was off, but if he did he never asked about it. I left the car as soon as we were home and I went straight into my room, still not saying anything to dad.

I had this feeling like I was being stalked. The mere thought practically drove me to insanity. Tyler... was able to break my down by manipulating my fears. I cowered under the covers as I laid down. I curled into a ball, putting my knees to my chest and wrapping my arms over my legs.

So much happened today. To think, it's only Monday. I don't want to go tomorrow. Maybe I could stay home "sick" tomorrow...

As I thought to myself, I drifted out of reality and I slipped into my conscience.

I woke up well into the night. It was around 10:00. I sat up and checked my phone, noticing I had received a bunch of texts from Sydney.

"You okay?"

"Seriously, you're worrying me"

"Did Tyler do something to you?"

"It was Tyler, wasn't it."

"That bastard will pay"

The last text was sent two hours ago. I sighed, nervous to relive what had happened. But I knew I had to tell her.

"He chased me around the school like a madman. And he attacked me to the point that I thought he would straight up sexually assault me... Hey, I think I'm staying home tomorrow."

"And he also forbid Jonathan from talking to you and I or else there'd be consequences."

I laid my phone down and decided to take a shower to clear my head. At least, clear it as much as I could. I was being weighed down by the stress of everything. It felt like everything was happening so fast.

I took a nice long shower and came back to my room to see that Sydney had replied.

"That dick! I can't believe he has the nerve to do all of that. Trust me, I will make him regret it. Don't forget that plan of yours. We can still execute it during the dance on friday."

"And about the staying home tomorrow: go ahead. You need a day to rest mentally. Just know that I'll miss you dearly while you're out. And I'll get the notes from Economics for you <3"

I smiled as I read her text. She was such a nice friend. I felt like I didn't deserve someone as sweet as herself.

"You're such a saint. Goodnight."

She instantly replied.

"Night! Sweet dreams, Queen!"

And with that, I laid down and quickly fell asleep.