Chapter 12

All three of us were too on-edge to be able to sit down and watch the game. I texted my dad to let him know I was leaving to go into town with Sydney and that we would be back before the end of the game. I left out Jonathan, mostly because I knew that my dad would have a billion questions.

"Want to hang out at the nearby park or something?" Sydney asked as we got into Jonathan's car. I shrugged and got into the front passenger seat.

"I haven't had any food yet, so we'll go to McDonalds or something first," Jonathan said as he started his car.

"That's fine. We've already had food so we will just sit with you," I replied. He nodded his head quietly.

"Wait, do you guys want some ice cream?" he asked. I heard Sydney gasp loudly.

"YES!" She happily replied. Jonathan and I laughed at her.

"I'll have some as well please," I added.

We pulled into McDonalds and parked near the entrance. Before I could open my door, Sydney had left the car and was excitedly holding the door for us.

"Geez," I laughed as I walked in behind Jonathan.

Jonathan ordered his food and our ice cream and we sat down to eat and talk.

"Thanks again for saving us back there," I said.

"No problem," he shrugged.

"Did you know they would be there?" Sydney asked curiously.

"No, I was walking around to find (y/n) and I happened to see them from a little ways away. I decided to go to them thinking (y/n) wasn't there yet. Then as I came closer I realized they were doing something bad. I would've bailed but I noticed it was you guys, so I couldn't just leave," he said as he looked from Sydney to me sincerely.

"I don't want to even think about what would've happened if you never showed up," I spoke and shivered.

"I don't know what went over them. They've never done something that extreme," he sighed.

"Should we let a teacher know?" Sydney asked.

"We can anonymously report to the office. Not sure if they'd believe it or not, but we can try," Jonathan suggested.

"But why would we do it anonymously?" I asked, confused.

"Do you really want him to know you reported him? That'd light a fire under his ass," Jonathan replied. I sighed, knowing he was right.

"But even if we report anonymously, they'd know it was us," Sydney added. She was right, unfortunately.

"Have they always been such douches?" I asked, getting more and more pissed thinking about the whole situation.

"No, they changed once we got into high school," Jonathan commented as he looked down. He seemed to be reminiscing as he stared at the table with a blank expression.

"I'm glad you ended up to be a great guy," I spoke, giving him a reassuring smile.