Chapter 1

"Are you sure you'll be okay?" dad asked with a worried expression as I was about to leave the car. We sat in the parking lot of my new school. I was nervous, but I had to face this at one point.

"I'll be okay dad," I said in the most confident voice I could manage. Since he was a single parent, he always seemed to be extra careful of what he let me do. He wasn't a helicopter parent, but he was protective. Especially since I'm an only child.

I smiled at him, and he smiled back in a way that seemed unsure.

"Fine. Go get 'em," he spoke as he reached over and rustled my hair.

"Bye! Love you!" I closed the passenger door and walked across the parking lot to the main entrance. Once I was on the sidewalk, I turned to wave goodbye to dad as he drove away.

As soon as I entered the school, I felt overwhelmed. Guys and girls were everywhere around me. My old school was half the size of this school, maybe more than that. I suddenly had the urge to turn around and call dad so he could come back and pick me up, but I forced myself to take another step.

I was immediately able to pick out the group of people who considered themselves better than everyone else. They just had smug faces that screamed "I'm more important than you."

In front of them all was a guy in a red jacket. He had black jeans, black sneakers, and his jet black hair was slicked back. I could tell just by the way everyone sat around him that he was considered their "leader" for a lack of better words.

Then next to him was a tall guy with blonde hair

Then next to him was a tall guy with blonde hair. He wore a white shirt with a pink cat on it. I noticed that he would stare at almost every girl that passed by him.

Then there was a guy who seemed fairly normal

Then there was a guy who seemed fairly normal. He had brown hair that was neatly brushed back. He wore very normal clothing, which was a grey t-shirt with a 'T' on it and jeans. He, like the dude beside him, was also staring at the girls who passed him.