Chapter 21

Tyler's POV

Friday came to pass after quite a long week. I spent it hanging out with Lui and Evan. For some odd reason, the rest of my friends were always busy after school. It wasn't like them to be busy so constantly, but I didn't really care too much.

Evan, Lui, and myself were getting ready for Homecoming at Lui's place. I was super excited because I knew (y/n) would be there. Tonight was the perfect opportunity for me to get my revenge. She's ignored me for too long. She knew full well that I liked her but never bothered to talk to me. It's stuff like that that drives me absolutely insane. She wasn't the first girl to do that to me, either. But I'll make sure she'll be the last.

"Tyler!" Evan yelled at me, causing me to jump a little.

"What?!" I yelled back.

"I was trying to talk to you, but you were completely spaced out," Evan replied in an agitated tone.

"I was too busy thinking about-"

"(y/n)," Evan finished the sentence for me.

"How did you know?" I asked.

"She's the only thing you've been talking and thinking about since the football game," Evan huffed, laying down on Lui's bed. He wasn't wrong, but I couldn't help but get mad at him.

"Yeah, well, I really like her," I huffed in reply.

"I don't think she feels the same," Lui chuckled. I rolled my eyes and adjusted my tie.

"You don't think I know that?" I mumbled.

"Maybe she'd like you if you weren't so in her face. And if you weren't so crazy," Evan commented.

"What do you mean?" I asked as I tilted my he'd to the side.

"Would you like me to answer alphabetically or chronologically?" Lui blurted out while stifling laughter.

"Dude, you've chased her MULTIPLE TIMES, you've been a complete ass to her, you forced Jon to stop hanging out with them, should I go on? The list gets longer," Evan said, holding up a finger every time he listed something I've done to her.

"Well, tell me O' Great Love Doctor, how do I get her to like me?" I asked defensively.

"Stop being a dick," Lui commented bluntly.

"That's impossible for me," I replied.

"We know," Evan muttered.

The room fell silent after that. The three of us continued to check our appearances to see if we looked presentable in our suits and ties.

"Hey guys?" Evan began timidly, breaking the silence, "Do you ever stop and think that maybe we take things too far?"

"What you saying?" I questioned.

"I'm saying: do you think we're...too rude?" Evan asked, glancing nervously to the side.

"Sometimes," Lui admitted. I scoffed at them in disgust.

"You kidding? You remember how we used to be nobody's? We're the people who run the whole school now! We get to give them all a taste of their own medicine!" I replied, almost to the point of yelling.

"Brock said the other day that he can't recognize us anymore," Lui mumbled, sounding guilty.

"He's not wrong. We've become the people we hate," Evan replied.

I hung my head, not wanting to admit to them that they were right. Of course I knew we had become bad people, but I enjoyed it too much. I wanted all the people that bullied us in middle school to pay for how they treated us.

"Whatever," I whispered.

"What was that?" Evan asked.

"WHATEVER! If you guys want to be pussies and walk away, go ahead!" I yelled at them as I clutched my fists.

"Tyler, can't you see that we might've taken all of it too far?" Lui asked timidly, trying to calm me down.

"I just wanted to feel what it was like to be in charge... To be the people that everyone at school revered and feared. I wanted all of them to know our names and know that we weren't just things for them to laugh at and make fun of... Is that so wrong?" I asked before I stormed out of Lui's bedroom.