The Next Doctor Pt. 5

Start from the beginning

"Good luck to you, sir, ma'am!" the Doctor throws out the sandbags and a picnic hamper. The Doctor readies the infostamps as the CyberKing swings around so that them and it are level, facing each other.

"Excellent. The Doctor. Yet another man come to assert himself against me in the night."

"Miss Hartigan? We're offering you a choice. You might have the most remarkable mind this world has ever seen. Strong enough to control the Cybermen themselves" {Y/N} says.

"I don't need you to sanction me."

"No, but such a mind deserves to live. The Cybermen came to this world using a Dimension vault. We can use that device to find you a home, with no people to convert, but a new world where you can live out your mechanical life in peace" {Y/N} says.

"I have the world below, and it is abundant with so many minds ready to become extensions of me. Why would I leave this place?"

"Because if you don't, we'll have to stop you" the Doctor says.

"What do you make of me, sir? An idiot?"

"No. The question is, what do you make of me?"

"Destroy them."

"You made us do this" the Doctor says, as he and {Y/N} fire array of infostamps into Miss Hartigan.

"Then I have made you a failure. Your weapons are useless, sir."

"We weren't trying to kill you. All we did was break the Cyber-connection, leaving your mind open. Open, I think, for the first time in far too many years. So, you can see. Just look at yourself. Look at what you've done" {Y/N} says, Miss Hartigan's eyes have returned to normal. The Cybermen are staring at her.

"I'm sorry, Miss Hartigan, but look at what you've become" the Doctor says as she screams and realises she is secured to the throne "I'm so sorry" she continues to scream. Electricity dances around the Cybermen and they all explode. She also vanishes. The CyberKing begins to sway. Explosions go off inside the CyberKing. Much screaming and running away happen below. Suddenly he Dimension vault beeps.

"Ooo, now you're ready" {Y/N} says, she aims it at the CyberKing. Swirls of energy surround it and it vanishes. Up in the sky, the Doctor and {Y/N} hears the cheers and applause of those below, and wave back, the Doctor rings the basket's bell.

*Time skip*

"The city will recover, as London always does. Though the events of today will be history, spoken of for centuries to come" Lake says.

"Yeah. Funny that" the Doctor says.

"And a new history begins for me. I find myself a widower, but with my son and with a good friend" Lake says.

"Now, take care of that one. She's marvellous" {Y/N} says.

"Frederick will need a nursemaid and I can think of none better. But you're both welcome to join us. We thought we might all dine together at the Traveller's Halt. A Christmas feast in celebration, and in memory of those we have lost. You won't stay?"

"Like I said, you know me" the Doctor says.

"No, I don't think anyone does" Lake says, he sees the real TARDIS underneath the archway "oh! And this is it. Oh! Oh, if I might, Doctor and {Y/N}/ One last adventure?"

"Oh, be our guest" {Y/N} says.

"Oh. Oh, my word. Oh. Oh, goodness me. Well. But this is, but this is nonsense" Lake says walking into the TARDIS.

"Well, that's one word for it."

"Complete and utter, wonderful nonsense. How very, very silly. Oh, no. I can't bear it. Oh, it's causing my head to ache. No. No, no, no, no, no, no" Lake runs outside "oh! Oh, gracious. That's quite enough. I take it this is goodbye."

"Onwards and upwards" the Doctor says.

"Tell me one thing. All those facts and figures I saw of the Doctor's life, you were never alone. All those bright and shining companions. But not anymore?"

"No" {Y/N} says.

"Might I ask why not?"

"They leave. Because they should. Or they find someone else. And some of them, some of them forget us. I suppose in the end, they break our hearts" the Doctor says.

"That offer of Christmas dinner. It's no longer a request, it's a demand. In memory of those we've lost."

"Oh, go on then."

"Really?"

"Just this once. You've actually gone and changed our minds. Not many people can do that. Jackson, if anyone had to be the Doctor, I'm glad it was you."

"The feast awaits. Come with me. Walk this way."

"I certainly will. Merry Christmas to you, Jackson."

"Merry Christmas indeed, Doctor and {Y/N}!"

---

~Bread 🍞