The Next Doctor Pt. 5

"I can't get up there. Fred!" Lake shouts.

"They've finished with the motor. It's going to blow up" {Y/N} says.

"What are we going to do? What are we going to do?" the Doctor draws the cutlass he got from the Reverend's house.

"Come on, Jackson. You know me" the Doctor grabs hold of a rope and cuts it free from its tether. He goes up into the air and lands on the platform by Frederick, {Y/N} smiles.

"Oh, that's it. Hello. Now, hold on tight. Don't let go" Frederick clings on to the Doctor's back as he uses the rope to swing across the vault, then brings the boy down to his father.

"Merry Christmas" the Doctor says.

*Time skip*

Lake carries young Frederick back to their house.

"Head for the street" the Doctor says.

"Come on, Doctor, {Y/N}. Hurry up!" {Y/N} takes a long thin piece from the Dimension vault.

"Gotcha!" she grins as they all run onto the street, a steampunk Cyberman towers over old London town.

"Behold, I am risen. Witness me, mankind, as CyberKing of all."

"It's a CyberKing" {Y/N} says.

"And a CyberKing is what?"

"It's a ship. Dreadnought class. Front line of an invasion. And inside the chest, a Cyberfactory, ready to convert millions" she replies.

"And I will walk. I will stride across this tiny little world" the giant feet crush buildings and people "my people. Why do they not rejoice?"

"Just head south. Take him south. Go to the parkland" {Y/N} says.

"But where are you two going?!"

"To stop that thing."

"But I should be with you two."

"Jackson, you've got your son. You've got a reason to live."

"And you haven't? God save you, Doctor and {Y/N}" they part as the CyberKing keeps walking.

*Time skip*

The Doctor and {Y/N} search the luggage, back at the stables.

"What the hell is that thing, sir, ma'am?"

"Oh, good man. Jed, wasn't it? Jed, I need your help!" the Doctor says.

"I'm not going out there."

"'ll give you five pound notes."

"Er. All right. What do you want me to do?" {Y/N} has another bandolier of infostamps.

"The TARDIS is going to fly" she says.

"People of the world, now hear me. Your governments will surrender. And if not, then behold my power" the CyberKing turns its arms into megacannons, and shoots indiscriminately. The Doctor and {Y/N} climb into the air balloon's basket.

"You're flaming bonkers, you two" Jed says.

"It's been said before. Now give me" the Doctor says, Jed hands over the item from the Dimension vault.

"Not enough power. Come on! Jed, let her loose" {Y/N} says.

"Ever flown one of these before?"

"Nope, never."

"Can I have my money now?"

"Oh, get on with it" Jed unties the last rope holding the balloon down, and up she floats.