The Next Doctor Pt. 4

It is children, not Cybermen, marching past.

"What is it? What's happening? That's Mister Cole. He's Master of the Hazel Street Workhouse. Maybe he's taking them to prayers" Rosita says.

"Oh, nothing as holy as that" {Y/N} says as they catch up with Cole.

"Can you hear me? Hello? No? Mister Cole, you seem to have something in your ear. Now, this might hurt a bit, but if I can just..." the Doctor says going to take the device out of Cole's ear when suddenly a Cybershade growls nearby.

"Ah. They're on guard. Can't risk a fight. Not with the children" {Y/N} says.

"But where are they going?"

"They all need a good whipping, if you ask me. There's tons of them. I've just seen another lot coming down from the Ingleby Workhouse down Broadback Lane" Jed says.

"Where's that?"

"This way" Rosita says.

*Time skip*

The Doctor, {Y/N} and Rosita watch the children being walked past.

"There's dozens of them."

"But what for?" the Doctor says.

*Time skip*

"That's the door to the sluice. All the sewage runs through there, straight into the Thames" Rosita says.

"Yeah, that's too well guarded. We'll have to find another way in" {Y/N} says, but they are spotted by two more Cybermen on guard.

"Whoa! That's cheating, sneaking up. Do you have your legs on silent?" the Doctor asks.

"So, what do we have here?"

"Listen. Just walk towards us slowly. Don't let them touch you" the Doctor says.

"Oh, but they wouldn't hurt me, my fine boys. They are my knights in shining armour, quite literally."

"Even if they've converted you, that's not a Cyber speech pattern. You've still got free will. I'm telling you, step away" {Y/N} says.

"There's been no conversion, ma'am. No one's ever been able to change my mind. The Cybermen offered me the one thing I wanted. Liberation."

"Who are you?" Rosita asks.

"You can be quiet. I doubt they paid you to talk. More importantly, who are you, sir, ma'am, with such intimate knowledge of my companions."

"I'm the Doctor."

"And I'm {Y/N}."

"Incorrect. You do not correspond to our image of the Doctor."

"Yeah, but that's because your database got corrupted. Oh, look, look, look. Check this. The Doctor's infostamp" the Doctor throws it to a Cyberman.

"Plug it in. Go on. Download" {Y/N} says.

"The core has been damaged. This infostamp would damage Cyberunits."

"Oh, well. Nice try" {Y/N} says.

"Core repaired. Download" the Cyberman plugs the infostamp into its chest.

"You are the Doctor, and she is {Y/N}."

"Hello" the two Time Lords say.

"You will be deleted."

"No, no. Oh, but let us die happy. Tell us, what do you need those children for?" the Doctor asks.

"What are children ever needed for? They're a workforce."

"But for what?" {Y/N} asks.

"Very soon now, the whole Empire will see. And they will bow down in worship."