Journey's End Pt. 2

Start from the beginning

"The stars are going out" Rose says.

"The twenty-seven planets. They become one vast transmitter, blasting that wavelength" {Y/N} says.

"Across the entire universe. Never stopping, never faltering, never fading. People and planets and stars will become dust, and the dust will become atoms, and the atoms will become nothing. And the wavelength will continue, breaking through the Rift at the heart of the Medusa Cascade into every dimension, every parallel, every single corner of creation. This is my ultimate victory, {Y/N} and Doctor! The destruction of reality itself!"

"This message is for the Dalek Crucible. Repeat. Can you hear me?" Martha's voice echoes around the room.

"Put us through" the Doctor says.

"It begins As Dalek Caan foretold."

"The Children of Time will gather, and one of them will die."

"Stop saying that. Put us through!" {Y/N} says.

"{Y/N}, Doctor! I'm sorry, I had to" Martha says.

"Oh, but the Doctor and {Y/N} are powerless. My prisoners. State your intent."

"I've got the Osterhagen Key. Leave this planet and its people alone or I'll use it" Martha says.

"Osterhagen what?" {Y/N} asks.

"What's an Osterhagen Key?" the Doctor asks.

"There's a chain of twenty-five nuclear warheads placed in strategic points beneath the Earth's crust. If I use the key, they detonate and the Earth gets ripped apart" Martha says.

"What? Who invented that?" the Doctor asks.

"Well, someone called Osterhagen, I suppose" {Y/N} says.

"Martha, are you insane?" the Doctor asks.

"The Osterhagen Key is to be used if the suffering of the human race is so great, so without hope, that this becomes the final option" Martha says.

"That's never an option" the Doctor says shaking his head.

"Don't argue with me, Doctor! Because it's more than that. Now, I reckon the Daleks need these twenty-seven planets for something. But what if it becomes twenty-six? What happens then? Daleks? Would you and {Y/N} risk it?"

"She's good" Rose says.

"Who's that?" Martha asks, {Y/N} grins.

"My name's Rose. Rose Tyler."

"Oh, my God. They found you" Martha says.

"Captain Jack Harkness, calling all Dalek boys and girls" Jack says "are you receiving me? Don't send in your goons, or I'll set this thing off" Jack says pointing behind him.

"He's still alive. Oh, my god. That, that's my mum" Rose says.

"And Mickey. Captain, what are you doing?" {Y/N} asks.

"I've got a Warp Star wired into the mainframe. I break this shell, the entire Crucible goes up."

"You can't! Where did you get a Warp Star?" the Doctor asks.

"From me. We had no choice. We saw what happened to the prisoners" Sarah Jane says.

"Impossible. That face. After all these years."

"Davros. It's been quite a while. Sarah Jane Smith. Remember?"

"Oh, this is meant to be. The circle of Time is closing. You were there, on Skaro at the very beginning of my creation."

"And I've learnt how to fight since then. You let the Doctor and {Y/N} go, or this Warp Star, it gets opened."

"I'll do it" Jack says, "don't imagine I wouldn't."

"Now that's what I call a ransom. Doctor? {Y/N}?" Rose asks.

"And the prophecy unfolds."

"The Doctor and {Y/N}'s souls are revealed. See them. See the heart of them."

"The man and women who abhor violence, never carries a gun. But this is the truth, Doctor, {Y/N}. You both take ordinary people and you fashion them into weapons. Behold your Children of Time transformed into murderers. I made the Daleks, Doctor and {Y/N}. You both made this."

"They're trying to help" {Y/N} says.

"Already I have seen them sacrifice today, for their beloved Doctor and {Y/N}. The Earth woman who fell opening the Subwave Network."

"Who was that?" the Doctor asks.

"Harriet Jones. She gave her life to get you both here" Rose says.

"How many more? Just think. How many have died in your names?" the Doctor and {Y/N} look down at the floor thinking of everyone that had sacrificed themselves so the two could save others "the Doctor. The man who keeps running, never looking back because he dare not, out of shame. This is my final victory, Doctor and {Y/N}. I have shown you yourselves."

"Enough. Engage defence zero five."

"It's the Crucible or the Earth" Martha says.

"Transmat engaged."

"No!" Martha shouts, she drops the key as the transmat snatches her away. Jack drops the Warp Star as he and his group also vanish.

---

~Bread 🍞