Time's up

Where am I?

I look around to see a place I never wanted to return to. The last time I was here I was killed then revived within the same hour. The Throne Room Under the Mountain.

But it wasn't as if I was standing there in the room, no, I was hovering in the air above all. I was as high as the stain of Clara's blood on the wall, just meters higher than the stain Amaranthe left.

But why was I here?

"Come on, we're almost through!".

I look towards the far reaches of the room and see it's been caved in. But soon, rocks are tumble down and in meaning whoever is on the other side is breaking through.

"I find it amusing that they are coming so unprepared for what's to come" a voice says within the dark. But I know this voice, the power behind it.

Beron.

"How is it they were stupid enough to leave the cauldron unaccounted for. I say this is what their own carelessness gets them" says another equally despised voice. Eris.

"We were forced into the war, but we gained a valuable tool in the process".

I was seething silently above them, wanting to rip them to shreds for this.

Suddenly whoever was on the other side broke through. I inhaled sharply. Mor, Az, what are they doing here? Are they after the cauldron, or do they know I'm here? I just continue watching on as they stumble in to the awaiting royals.

I watched as Mor paled at her former betrothed and his father stood there with what we've desperately been searching for for months. Azriel's jaw clenches but that's all he shows to the room of people. I'm surprised that that includes Nashira, Asim and Helion as well. I feel reassured that they make it out with another High Lord on their side.

"Nice of you to join us. No,I'm sure you already know that was a lie, so lets get down to business" his face distorts further from it's natural from into a scowl.

"I will become the sole ruler of Prythian or I will put this sore trinket to good use".

My blood curdles at his threat, much the same demands of another aspiring tyrant who had once been in this room.

"I would suggest you comply nicely with the request, I think it's about time it's done" says Eris calmly.

While the Day Court prepare to fight at that moment, Mor and Azriel share a look. Because Eris's words weren't to follow his father's demands but the ones he had made so long ago at the Court of Nightmares.

So it was reasonable that they weren't surprised that he sent an unexpected bolt of power to the High Lord of Autumn. He did not spare an extra glance at his father but to assure that he was dead.

He brushes off his hands like there is dirt on them, then claps his hands once.

"It was time for him to kick the bucket anyways" he states simply.

"Eris, give us the cauldron" Helion demands.

Eris shakes his head and we all see the power shift to him with his gleeful smile.

"Why should I? You didn't even fight for it?" he says putting up a shield around him and the cauldron.

Mor screams with rage and attacks the shield. Asim joined in, expertly delivering heavy blows to destroy Eris's power. Helion begins to cast a spell on it but Eris yells for them to stop.

"That's enough! I will give it to you I have enough evidence to rid me of suspicion over who killed my father. The last thing is for you to injure me" he says steadily.

"You had this all planned out, didn't you?" Mor accused.

"Don't worry none of the blame will fall on either of your courts" Eris quickly intercedes.

"In that case", and in the next moment Azriel inflicted multiple wounds on Eris, one bleeding profusely.

"Aaahhhhh" he screams in the sudden pain.

Azriel grins a full fledged grin at him, full of malice and darkness.

"Hurry we have no time for this. We need to finish this quickly" Helion exclaimed.

And with the cauldron, they all left in a quicker and much easier way they came. And I soon faded away back into the void I came from, leaving the image of a scarlet, newly minted High Lord behind.

I hope that I survive.