Illness

We arrived straight into the foyer and into front row seats to a disgusting sight. I was feeling queasy today anyways but this was icing on the cake.

I vomited all over the nice rug underneath the side table with the pretty vase.

Cassian and Nesta who were just eating each other's faces off jumped in shock.

Nesta quickly came beside me and heald back my hair.

"What happened? Are you alright?" she exclaims.

"I knew that was coming but still ew" Elain remarked. She could have warned me that was going to happen.

After I finished dry gagging I spoke up.

"Yeah I agree, ew. I come home after a week and I see that happening". I shudder and wondered if we saw the end or just the beginning. What if they did much more while I was gone?

"Can you guys please explain. Stress is not good for the baby".

Cassian awkwardly chuckles.

"Turns out, me and Nesta are mates" he says.

I'm frozen for a second then squeal.

"MOR! Get your butt down here and pay up!" I yell.

She winnows in looking grumpy and hands me my reward.

"You bet on us getting together" Cassian exclaims.

"Yes. I said during my trip and she bet after. Ha, good luck beating me I'm the master at this" I brag.

"Oh really did you make a bet on me as well?" Azriel says.

"No, we didn't, I honestly thought it would take longer. Guess we'll never have the chance" I sigh.

"What do you mean, never have the chance" Mor questions. She has an excited look in her eyes.

"I found my mate in the Day Court" is all Az says.

Mor squeals louder than I did before and bear hugs Az.

"Oh my cauldron! Is she pretty? Is she nice? Will she come live here? Does she like you?" Mor is bombarding Azriel with questions and I laugh.

"Don't worry she's nice, she's perfect for Az" I say.

We move to the living room to discuss our trip. We ultimately just end up talking about Azriel's mate.

"Not important or anything, but I wonder if she's a virgin" Mor asks.

"Oh, indeed, Samila is as green as they come" I say. I mentally facepalm for revealing too much.

"How would you know?" Azriel says suspiciously.

I consider if I should lie or tell the truth but I must have taken too long because Az gets mad.

"You read her mind Feyre, didn't you. How could you invade her privacy like that?" he asks furiously.

I shrink a little at his anger. Azriel does not usually show emotion and never this strongly to any of us.

"I wanted to be sure she didn't have any ulterior motives" I say queitly.

"Well you can't just invade her mind like that whenever you please. No one for that matter should be subjugated to that".

I lower my head, ashamed of what I'd done. I try to hold back my tears because I can't cry, I don't want them to think it's a distraction. I really hate my mood swings in this moment and try harder to compose myself.

"Have you done that to anyone else lately" Azriel demands.

"No".

"Az, hey, ease up a little. She gets it" Cassian says.

"No, he has a right to do this. I invaded his mates mind. I know Rhys would be furious if that happened to me" I whisper out at the end.

Azriel's anger visibly drops from his face and he just looks sad.

"I'm sorry Feyre, I shouldn't have done that" he apologizes.

"It's okay" I say and I get up to head to my room.

I stop mid way and am suddenly naseous, vomiting on the floor.

"Feyre what's wrong?" Cassian asks by my side holding my hair back.

I shake my head and dry heave again. I feel like someone is twisting my stomach and stealing my strength. I wonder if it's the baby but then I realize it's something else.

The cauldron.

Someone is using it and whoever it is needs to be stopped. Because not only am I connected to the cauldron now, my son is too.