Turn Left Pt. 1

Pagodas and flying cars above small wind turbines. Down in the streets, lots of banners with Chinese symbols on them. The Doctor hands Donna a mug of foaming drink as {Y/N} had one already.

"Oh, ho, ho."

"I'd rather have a water" Donna says.

"You are going to love it. One, two, three!" they all take sips of their drinks.

"Lovely!" Donna says as they carry on through the market.

"You want to buy shukina? Or peshmoni? Most beautiful peshmoni in all of Shan Shen?" a saleswomen asks.

"Er, no thanks" Donna says, the Doctor and {Y/N} are haggling with another stallholder so Donna explores on her own. A young woman in a black and gold robe calls to her.

"Tell your fortune, lady. The future predicted. Your life foretold."

"Oh, no thanks."

"Don't you want to know if you're going to be happy?"

"I'm happy right now, thanks."

"You got red hair. The reading's free for red hair."

"All right, then" Donna follows the lady into the tent, the young woman looks at Donna's palms.

"Oh, you fascinating. No, but you good. I can see a man and a women. The most remarkable man and women. How did you meet them?"

"You're supposed to tell me."

"I see the future. Tell me the past. When did your lives cross?"

"It's sort of complicated. I ended up in a spaceship on my wedding day. Long story."

"But what led you to that meeting?"

"All sorts of things. But my job, I suppose. It was on Earth, this planet called Earth, miles away. But I had this job as a temp. I was a secretary at a place called HC Clements" Donna has an intense flashback. It makes her sway "oh. Sorry."

"It's the incense. Just breathe deep. This job of yours. What choices led you there?"

"There was a choice, six months before, because the Agency offered me this contract with HC Clements, but there was this other job. My mum knew this man."

"Your life could have gone one way or the other. What made you decide?"

"I just did.

"But when was the moment? When did you choose? You turned left. But what if you turned right? What then?"

"Let go of my hands."

"What if it changes? What if you go right? What if you could still go right?"

"Stop it" something jumps onto Donna's back "what's that? What's on my back? What is it? What, what's on my back?"

"Make the choice again, Donna Noble, and change your mind. Turn right" a hooked claw reaches to Donna's shoulder.

"I'm turning."

"Turn right. Turn right. Turn right!"

*Flashback*

"Well, let me tell you, sweetheart. City executives don't need temps, except for practice."

"Yeah. Suppose you're right" Donna says.

"Turn right, and never meet that man and women. Turn right, and change the world" Donna turns right. A while later the girls office Christmas get together. Donna is carrying a tray of drinks.

"Come on, then, get out the way. Get out the way! Here we are. Feed at the trough" Donna says.

"Mooky says let's go to the Boardwalk. It's two for the price of one."