"Good luck!" All of us echo in unison, as they depart up the hill, and rush out of sight once clearing another rope bridge.

Reaching the live trial doesn't take a few seconds, and Ant and Dec per status quo sit us in our teams, telling us to "mind our language as we are officially live". "Welcome to the live trial! I hope you are all doing great, but unfortunately, you are all about to take part in the live trial. The winners of the trial, boys or girls, will give an advantage to their teammates Holly and Becky, or Dennis and Jamie. One at a time, the boys and the girls will go up against each other, and each task is worth a random amount of points. Whichever team has the most points at the end of the challenge, wins the advantage for their team."

"Let's do it!" Ant cheers. "But first, let's have a look to see where your jungle teammates are. Hello? Can you hear us?"

Looking at the screen behind me, Holly, Becky, Dennis and Jamie stand together waving up at the screen, cheering and giving the big thumbs up.

"Ok, well firstly, lets spin the wheel, and see which two celebrities shall be competing first?"

After a short but anxious wait, the first celebrity challengers happen to be Amir versus Shappi.

"Ok," Dec explains. "So it's Amir against Shappi. In this challenge, you two will both face up against ChewAlong live! Who's excited?"

From beside me, Amir exclaims, "so excited!" in a vastly sarcastic tone.

"You will eat, 3 dead witchedy grubs. Bite the head off, and the first to show an open mouth after eating them wins the first point. Shappi, Amir. Get yourselves into position."

Getting in position, after a lot of whining and groaning from Amir, they finally start the trial. With Shappi finishing her first critter with Amir failing to even put it in his mouth, and then the second, a clear win goes to Shappi and the girls.

"Well done Shappi!" Vanessa and Kez cheer from the side bench. "Well done!"

"Thanks." She cries, wiping her mouth thoroughly with the back of her palm. "That was so awful!"

Not long after, Kez, Vanessa and Jennie face their trial, along with Iain and Amir once again. But inevitably, up against Jennie, the roll lands on me.

"Ok, Jack versus Jennie!" Dec whirls. "You two will have to do this."

A stern ranger dressed in beige walks through the warm breeze, lifting the top of two containers. In one, a large drink of viscous blended muck, and another looking stained red and murky.

"You two will have to finish each drink. In the first glass, is blended sheeps blood, fish blood and spider. In the other, blended fermented egg and mealworms."

The sound of such disgusting remnants makes me feel almost dizzy, and nauseous, walking closer with goggles in hand - just having to overcome the smell. "That's rank!" She calls.

"Are you both ready? Hands-on glasses and the first to show an empty mouth will win the challenge."

Placing my palm on the warm glass of the red drink first, I take a deep breath and take the first few gulps after the sound of the clackson.

"Come on Jack!" Iain pumps, slamming his fist into the air when I gulp down the first half. Hearing Jennie coughing and spluttering gives me some sort of incentive just to digest the rest of the slimy liquid.

The taste is poison in my throat, tasting like sick and metal when finishing the first glass. Placing it down and moving to the blended duck egg, it's a taste of vomit.

"Jack place it down!" The boys call, to which I slam the glass down so hard on the wood it threatens to crack. Wiping my mouth with my sleeve, and spitting Jennie only behind, I'm granted the win.

"Well done Jack! That's a challenge won for the boys!"

Holly P.O.V

"Hello, can you hear us guys?" A sudden Geordie accent echoes through the abnormal screen placed in-front of us. All around is a huge field in the Australian outback, with a huge chopper behind.

"We can hear you!" Jamie agrees as we all give a wave to the screen.

"So the trial has come to an end, and we can tell you that the boys had the victory over the girls!" Ant informs. "So Jamie and Dennis. Congratulations. Get in the chopper and we wish you luck! Girls, commiserations, but let the games begin!"

—————————

Very sorry about the late update :( but been so busy with mocks and parent evenings! So happy to get 2 A*, 5 A's, 1B and 1C (ironically in English!) but overall very happy. Will be updating as often as possible; hopefully a lot after Christmas! Xxx