Bundles

Hey everyone! Mocks are over and I'm back!! So happy to be writing this book again and I'm sorry it's a little later than promised. I've got a lot to catch up on, but yeah, here we go!

————————

After a debate about who should claim the ticket, and a few weird smiles from Jack that I notice from the other side of the camp fire, we finally decide to grant the final ticket to miss Shappi herself.

"Good decision." I say to no one in particular. My stomach rumbling loudly and a gesture from Vanessa signalling we need to be heading to Snake Rock to eat.

"Bye everyone!" Jennie childishly and enthusiastically chants as I hug Stanley good bye.

"Bye Jack." I whisper into his chest as he hugs me, and it catches me off guard as he places a gentle kiss to my forehead.

———————

Jack P.O.V

Not long after the girls have left, I join Dennis and Amir beside the fire with my metal pot for my rice and beans. Slowly, Jamie stirs the food, and we all sit like pigs watching every single grain.

"I'm so hungry." Jamie slurs, the sizzling of the beans sounding like TV static.

"What do you think the girls are eating?"

"I don't have a clue." I answer to Stanley. "Probably some sort of limb."

"Yeah." I laugh, as Jamie serves up the beans and rice. Taking a bite, it's plain bland, and I guess just flavourless and watery.

"I can't believe we are eating this stuff again." I moan. "I'm sick of rice and beans. I don't know about you guys."

"Yep." Amir laughs, taking another bite.

After dinner, it isn't long until we are all laying in our beds at the hope that the girls rock up soon. But it's been a while ; I'm fighting the urge to fall asleep.

"Amir?" I whisper over the fire to him, led in his bed. No answer, so I try Jamie.

"J?"

"Yeah." His deep voice croaks when he shuffles to look at me. Running my hand through my hair, I scuffle under the covers and ask.

"Can you say night to Holly when she comes in?"

"Sure yeah." He smiles. "Dude just ask her out for God's sake, it's obvious you like her."

"Night J." I avoid his comment, shutting my eyes and letting myself fall asleep.

Holly P.O.V

"Morning." I whisper to Jennie as she passes me and walks down into the dunnee.

"Morning." She stretches. "How did you sleep?"

"Not to bad after that meal last night." I yawn, brushing my teeth and the minty taste thawing my tongue. "What about you?"

"Really well." She laughs, coming out of the wooden porous toilet. "I'm surprised Jack didn't stay up last night to meet you."