Midnight Pt. 5

"Now listen to me. Listen to me right now, because you need us, all of you. If we are going to get out of this, then you need us" the Doctor says pointing to himself and {Y/N}.

"So, you keep saying. You've been repeating yourself more than her" Hobbes says.

"If anyone's in charge, it should be the Professor. He's the expert" Val says.

"Mum, stop. Just look" Jethro says.

"You keep out of this, Jethro" Biff says.

"Look at her!"

"She's stopped" Dee Dee says.

"When did she? No, she hasn't. She's still doing it" the Doctor says.

"She looks the same to me. No, she's stopped. Look, I'm talking, and she's not" Val says, {Y/N} watches as the Doctor walks over to Sky.

"What about me, is she? Look. Look at that. She's not doing me. She's let me go" Biff says.

"Mrs Silvestry? Nor me. Nothing" the hostess says.

"Sky, what are you doing?" the Doctor asks.

"She's still doing him" Dee Dee says.

"Doctor, it's you. She's only copying you" Hobbes says.

"Why me? Why are you doing this?"

"She won't leave him alone" Dee Dee says.

"Do you see? I said so. She's with him" Val says, {Y/N} rolls her eyes and shakes her head, but watches the Doctor intently.

"They're together" Biff says, "are you in on it too?" he asks pointing to {Y/N}.

"No, I'm not, we were never involved with whatever is in Mrs Silvestry" {Y/N} says.

"How do you explain it, Doctor, {Y/N}, if you're so clever?"

"I don't know. Sky, stop it. I said stop it. Just stop it" the Doctor says kneeling down.

"Look at the two of them" Val says.

"Mrs Silvestry, I'm trying to understand. You've captured my speech. What for? What do you need? You need my voice in particular. The cleverest voice in the room. Why? Because I'm the only one who can help? Oh, I'd love that to be true, but your eyes, they're saying something else. Listen to me. Whatever you want, if it's life, or form, or consciousness, or voice, you don't have to steal it. You can find it without hurting anyone. And I'll help you. That's a promise. So, what do you think?" the Doctor stops for a second.

"Do we have a deal?" Sky says.

"Do we have a deal?" the Doctor says.

"Oh, you've got to be kidding me" {Y/N} mutters still trying to untie herself.

"Hold on, did she?"

"She spoke first."

"She can't have."

"She did."

"She spoke first."

"Oh, look at that. I'm ahead of you."

"Did you see? She spoke before he did. Definitely."

"He's copying her."

"{Y/N}, what's happening?"

"If you bloody let me go I can help!" she says, but nobody moves to help her.