Midnight Pt. 4

"For the last time. Nothing can live on the surface of Midnight" Hobbes says.

"Professor, I'm glad you've got an absolute definition of life in the universe, but perhaps the universe has got ideas of its own, hmm? Now trust us, we've got previous. We think there might well be some consciousness inside Mrs Silvestry, but maybe she's still in there. And it's our job to help her" the Doctor says.

"Well, you can help her. I'm not going near" Biff says.

"No, me and {Y/N} got to stay back, because if she's copying us, then maybe the final stage is becoming us. We don't want her becoming us, or things could get a whole lot worse" the Doctor says.

"Oh, like you two are so special" Val says.

"As it happens, yes, we are. So that's decided. We stay back, and we wait. When the rescue ship comes, we can get her to hospital" {Y/N} says.

"We should throw her out" the hostess says.

"I beg your pardon?" Hobbes asks.

"Can we do that?" Val asks.

"Don't be ridiculous" the Doctor says.

"That thing, whatever it is, killed the driver, and the mechanic, and I don't think she's finished yet" the hostess says.

"She can't even move" {Y/N} says.

"Look at her. Look at her eyes. She killed Joe, and she killed Claude, and we're next" the hostess says.

"She's still doing it. Just stop it. Stop talking. Stop it!" Biff shouts.

"Biff, don't, sweetheart" Val says.

"But she won't stop. We can't throw her out, though. We can't even open the doors" Biff says.

"No one is getting thrown out" {Y/N} says.

"Yes, we can. Because there's an air pressure seal. Like when you opened the cabin door, you weren't pulled out. You had a couple of seconds, because it takes the pressure wall about six seconds to collapse. Well, six seconds exactly. That's enough time to throw someone out" Dee Dee says.

"Thanks, Dee Dee. Just what we needed" the Doctor says.

"Would it kill her outside?" Val asks.

"I don't know. But she's got a body now. It would certainly kill the physical form" Dee Dee says.

"No one is killing anyone" {Y/N} says.

"I wouldn't risk the cabin door twice, but we've got that one. All we need to do is grab hold of her and throw her out" the hostess says.

"Now, listen, all of you. For all we know that's a brand-new life form over there. And if it's come inside to discover us, then what's it found? This little bunch of humans. What do you amount to, murder? Because this is where you decide. You decide who you are. Could you actually murder her? Any of you? Really? Or are you better than that?" the Doctor asks.

"I'd do it" the hostess says.

"So, would I" Biff says.

"And me" Val says.

"I think we should" Dee Dee starts.

"What?" the Doctor asks.

"I want her out" Dee Dee says.