Midnight Pt. 1

"I said, no" Donna says through the phone, the Doctor and {Y/N} look at each other.

"Sapphire waterfall. It's a waterfall made of sapphires" {Y/N} says throwing her hands into the air, even though Donna can't see her "this enormous jewel, the size of a glacier, reaches the Cliffs of Oblivion, and then shatters into sapphires at the edge. They fall a hundred thousand feet into a crystal ravine."

"I bet you say that to all the girls" Donna says, the Doctor shakes his head.

"Oh, come on. They're boarding now. It's no fun if we see it on our own. Four hours, that's all it takes."

"No, that's four hours there and four hours back. That's like a school trip" Donna says "i'd rather go sunbathing."

"You be careful, that's Xtonic sunlight" the Doctor says.

"Oh, I'm safe. It says in the brochure this glass is fifteen feet thick."

"All right, we give up, we'll be back for dinner. We'll try that anti-gravity restaurant. With bibs" {Y/N} says.

"That's a date. Well, not a date. Oh, you know what I mean. Oh, get off."

"See you later" the Doctor and {Y/N} say.

"Oi. And you two be careful, all right?"

"Nah. Taking a big space truck with a bunch of strangers across a diamond planet called Midnight? What could possibly go wrong?" the Doctor says as he hangs the phone up.

*Time skip*

The Doctor and {Y/N} have taken their seat in the passenger compartment of the bus cum aeroplane. Other passengers are still boarding, the hostess goes to the Doctor and {Y/N}.

"That's the headphones for channels one to thirty-six. Modem link for 3D vidgames. Complimentary earplugs. Complimentary slippers. Complimentary juice pack and complimentary peanuts. I must warn you some products may contain nuts" the hostess says.

"That'll be the peanuts" the Doctors says.

"Enjoy your trip."

"Oh, I can't wait. Allons-y."

"I'm sorry?"

"It's French, for let's go" {Y/N} says.

"Fascinating"

"Headphones for channels one to thirty-six."

"Oh no, thank you, not for us" the man behind the Doctor and {Y/N} says.

"Earplugs, please" the lady next to the man says.

"There you go."

"They call it the Sapphire Waterfall, but it's no such thing. Sapphire's an aluminium oxide, but the glacier is just compound silica with iron pigmentation. Have you got that pillow for my neck?"

"Yes, sir."

"And the pills?" the Doctor and {Y/N} peek over their seats.

"Yes, all measured out for you. There you go" the man leans over to meet the Doctor and {Y/N}.

"Hobbes. Professor Winfold Hobbes."

"I'm the Doctor. Hello, this is {Y/N}.

"Hello."

"It's my fourteenth time" Hobbes says.

"Oh. Our first" the Doctors says.

"And I'm Dee Dee, Dee Dee Blasco."

"Don't bother them. Where's my water bottle?" a while later the boarding is complete.

"Ladies and gentlemen, and variations thereupon, welcome on board the Crusader Fifty. If you would fasten your seatbelts, we'll be leaving any moment. Doors" the Doctor and {Y/N} fasten their seatbelts as the doors close "shields down" the windows are shielded "I'm afraid the view is shielded until we reach the Waterfall Palace. Also, a reminder. Midnight has no air, so please don't touch the exterior door seals. Fire exit at the rear, and should we need to use it, you first. Now I will hand you over to Driver Joe."

"Driver Joe at the wheel. There's been a diamondfall at the Winter Witch Canyon, so we'll be taking a slight detour, as you'll see on the map. The journey covers five hundred kliks to the Multifaceted Coast. Duration is estimated at four hours. Thank you for travelling with us, and as they used to say in the olden days, wagons roll" the shuttle shakes a bit.