Forest Of The Dead Pt. 3

"Easy! We beam all the people out of the data core. The computer will reset and stop the countdown. Difficult. Charlotte doesn't have enough memory space left to make the transfer" {Y/N} says.

"Easy! I'll hook myself up to the computer. She can borrow my memory space" the Doctor says.

"Difficult. It'll kill you stone dead" River says.

"Yeah, it's easy to criticise" the Doctor says.

"It'll burn out both your hearts and don't think you'll regenerate" {Y/N} says.

"I'll try my hardest not to die. Honestly, it's my main thing."

"Doctor!" {Y/N} and River say.

"I'm right, this works. Shut up. Now listen. You and Luxy boy, back up to the main library. Prime any data cells you can find for maximum download, and before you say anything else, Professor, can I just mention in passing as you're here, shut up" the Doctor says.

"Oh! I hate you sometimes" River says.

"I know!"

"Mister Lux, with me. Anita, if either of them dies, I'll kill them!" River and Lux leave.

"What about the Vashta Nerada?" Anita asks.

"These are their forests. I'm going to seal Charlotte inside her little world, take everybody else away. The shadows can swarm to their hearts' content" the Doctor says.

"So, you think they're just going to let us go?"

"Best offer they're going to get" {Y/N} says.

"You're going to make 'em an offer?"

"They'd better take it, because right now, I'm finding it very hard to make any kind of offer at all. You know what? I really liked Anita. She was brave, even when she was crying. And she never gave in. And you ate her" the Doctor says as he clears her visor to reveal a skull "but we're going to let that pass, just as long as you let them pass."

"How long have you known?"

"We counted the shadows. You only have one now. She's nearly gone. Be kind" {Y/N} says.

"These are our forests. We are not kind."

"I'm giving you back your forests, but you are giving me them. You are letting them go" the Doctor says.

"These are our forests. They are our meat" shadows stretch out from Vashta Nerada Anita towards the Doctor and {Y/N}.

"Don't play games with us. You just killed someone we liked. That is not a safe place to stand. I'm the Doctor, and you're in the biggest library in the universe. Look me up" the Doctor says, there is a pause, then the shadows withdraw.

"You have one day" the spacesuit collapses.

"Oh, Anita" River says running back into the room.

"I'm sorry. She's been dead a while now. I told you to go!" the Doctor says.

"Lux can manage without me, but you two can't" River punches the Doctor and {Y/N}, knocking them out. A little later, River is twisting some wires together.

"Autodestruct in two minutes" the Doctor wakes up, and {Y/N} is still passed out.

"Oh, no, no, no, no. Come on, what are you doing? That's my job" the Doctor says to River.

"Oh, and I'm not allowed to have a career, I suppose?" River says.

"Why are we handcuffed? Why do you even have handcuffs?" the Doctor asks, {Y/N} gasps pulling forward but realises she's handcuffed.

"Spoilers."

"Wow, ok this is not a joke. Stop this now" {Y/N} says.

"This is going to kill you! I'd have a chance, you don't have any" the Doctor says.