seven

C H A P T E R S E V E N
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

It was one of the few rare Sundays that both Karibu and Keith had enough free time to watch a football game together. With their busy schedules it was hard for them to get together often, so whenever the opportunity presented itself, the men took full advantage of it.

It was a chilly afternoon so the heat in Keiths apartment was on. Karibu was set to arrive in half an hour with the beers and popcorn. It was a tradition that they held -- one would provide accommodation and the other would provide food.

Normani's big dance recital was nearing so she was putting extra hours into practice during weekends.

Keith hated to admit that he felt a little lonely now that they couldn't communicate that Sunday. He was delighted to spend some down time with his best friend, though.

×

Keith enjoyed watching Karibu during football games than watching the actual game because his friend got passionate really quickly.

Keith couldn't stop chuckling at the way Karibu constantly shouted at the referee in his mother tongue and threw popcorn at the screen as if the referee would be able to feel it.

Karibu was the calmest guy on the planet, except for when he was watching football. It was no surprise that their football games were his favourite pastime with his Namibian friend.

When halftime came around, Keith stood from the couch to get more beers. It was almost like a switch had occurred and Karibu was back to being calm and collected. Taking the beer from his friend, Karibu took a sip and stretched.

"Feeling better, friend?" Keith teased with a raised eyebrow.

"You and I both know that the referee is not doing his job," Karibu replied, "but enough of that, I must rest my vocal chords. I have something I've been meaning to bring up to you, Brother."

"Oh? What is it?" Keith asked before taking a sip of his cold beer and focusing on Karibu.

"I'd like to invite you and your gorgeous girlfriend to dinner on Wednesday night, my place, 19:00 sharp. Dress formally. I'll make dinner."

"Will Alexis be there?"

"Of course she will."

Keith sighed.

"I really want to meet this special girl and I'm sure with her there, you'll be prompted to behave from your little squabbles with my girlfriend."

"Make sure she gets the memo." Keith all but mumbled

"You don't worry about Alexis." He said with a chuckle.

Karibu found their dislike of one another quite amusing. As much as Keith disliked Alexis and vice versa, they never turned Karibu down because they cared for him. They never let their pettiness get in the way, most times.

So please, do tell Normani about it."

"I will, Brother." Keith said.

"Dress formally, please. I can't afford your petty ass coming to another formal dinner in jeans."

Keith scowled, "it was one time! And wasn't even my fault. You changed the dress code last minute and failed to tell me! I was the only bafoon in jeans!"