Silence In The Library Pt. 5

"Where did it go?" the Doctor asks.

"It's just gone. I looked round, one shadow, see" Dave says.

"Does that mean we can leave? I don't want to hang around here" River says.

"I don't know why we're still here. We can leave him, can't we? I mean, no offence" Lux says.

"Shut up, Mister Lux" River says.

"Did you feel anything, like an energy transfer? Anything at all?" {Y/N} asks.

"No, no, but look, it's gone" Dave turns around.

"Stop there. Stop, stop, stop there. Stop moving. They're never just gone and they never give up" {Y/N} drops down and sonics the floor by Dave "well, this one's benign."

"Hey, who turned out the lights?" Dave asks, {Y/N} slowly stands.

"No one, they're fine."

"No seriously, turn them back on."

"They are on" River says.

"I can't see a ruddy thing."

"Dave, turn around" Dave turns back to {Y/N}, his visor completely dark.

"What's going on? Why can't I see? Is the power gone? Are we safe here?"

"Dave, I want you stay still. Absolutely still" Dave jerks "Dave? Dave? Dave, can you hear me? Are you, all right? Talk to me, Dave."

"I'm fine. I'm okay. I'm fine."

"I want you to stay still. Absolutely still."

"I'm fine. I'm okay. I'm fine. I can't. Why can't I? I, I can't. Why can't I? I, I can't. Why can't I? I" Dave's comm unit lights blink.

"He's gone. He's ghosting" River says.

"Then why is he still standing?" Lux asks.

"Hey, who turned out the lights? Hey, who turned out the lights?"

"{Y/N}, don't" River says.

"Dave, can you hear me?" {Y/N} asks.

"Hey, who turned out the lights?" Dave grabs {Y/N} by the throat. A skull is now visible in his helmet.

"Who turned out the lights? Hey, who turned out the lights?"

"Excuse me" River zaps the zombie with her sonic screwdriver, freeing {Y/N}.

"Back from it! Get back. Right back" the Doctor says, helping {Y/N} stand, zombie Dave lurches a step towards them.

"Doesn't move very fast, does it?" River asks.

"It's a swarm in a suit. But it's learning" the Doctor says, holding onto {Y/N}, zombie Dave has four shadows, and they are growing.

"What do we do? Where do we go?" Lux asks.

"See that wall behind you? Duck" River says as she fires a gun at the wall and makes a square hole in it.

"Squareness gun!" the Doctor says.

"Everybody out. Go, go, go. Move it. Move, move. Move it. Move, move" River says, they all move out of the room "you said not every shadow."

"But any shadow" the Doctor says.

"Hey, who turned out the lights?"

"Run!" River shouts.

*Time skip*

Somewhere amongst the massive shelves of books, the Doctor is trying to sonic a light fitting.

"Trying to boost the power. Light doesn't stop them, but it slows them down" the Doctor says.

"So, what's the plan? Do we have a plan?" River asks.

"Your screwdriver looks exactly like ours" {Y/N} says.

"Yeah. You gave it to me" River says.

"I don't give my screwdriver to anyone" {Y/N} says.

"I'm not anyone" River says.

"Who are you?"

"What's the plan?"

"I teleported Donna back to the TARDIS. If we don't get back there in under five hours, emergency program one will activate" the Doctor says.

"Take her home, yeah. We need to get a shift on" River says.

"She's not there. I should have received a signal. The console signals me if there's a teleport breach" the Doctor says.

"Well, maybe the coordinates have slipped. The equipment here's ancient" the Doctor and {Y/N} go to a nearby Node.

"Donna Noble. There's a Donna Noble somewhere in this library. Do you have the software to locate her position?" the Doctor asks, the node turns its head. It has Donna's face, {Y/N} steps backwards.

"Donna Noble has left the library. Donna Noble has been saved."

"Donna" {Y/N} whispers.

"Donna Noble has left the library. Donna Noble has been saved."

"How can it be Donna? How's that possible?" River asks.

"Donna Noble has left the library. Donna Noble has been saved."

"Donna" the Doctor says.

"Donna Noble has left the library."

"Hey, who turned out the lights?"

"Doctor! {Y/N}!" River shouts.

"Donna Noble has been saved."

"Hey, who turned out the lights?"

"Donna Noble has left the library."

"{Y/N}, Doctor, we've got to go now!" River says.

"Donna Noble has been saved."

"Hey, who turned out the lights?" River, {Y/N} and the Doctor run, followed by Lux, the other Dave and Anita.

"Donna Noble has left the library. Donna Noble has been saved."

"Hey, who turned out the lights?"

"Donna Noble has left the library. Donna Noble has been saved."

"Hey, who turned out the lights?"

"Donna Noble has left the library. Donna Noble has been saved."

"Hey, who turned out the lights?"

"Donna Noble has left the library" the group are trapped between shadows.

"Doctor, {Y/N} what are we going to do?" River asks, the Doctor and {Y/N} look at each other.

"Hey, who turned out the lights?"

"Donna Noble has left the library. Donna Noble has been saved."

---

~Bread 🍞