▶FORTY THREE◀

School was tiring and I just wanna lay down and sleep, but I promised Aspen we would hang out later.

I could cancel and say I'm not feeling good, but she would be down here in less than ten minutes to check on me.

Sydnie keeps looking at me from the other side of the couch while I sit there finishing my math homework.

"That ones wrong" she says pointing to number six.

I sigh as I quickly erase my answer and work. "Why are you so stressed now a days?" She asks.

"We have a couple tests coming up" I says as I rewrite the problem on my spare sheet of paper.

"Is that all?" She asks, sitting her phone downs and moving closer to me to see my work.

"No, I've just been staying up late and studying" I mumble.

"Move these two and that one over there" she instructs me by pointing with her finger.

I do as she says, because Sydnie is smart.

"You should go to sleep, you've been working hard lately" she says.

"I said I would hang out with Aspen in a little bit" I say and I move my paper so she can check it again.

"Well you should be home by at least six and that's right" she says as she stands up and makes her way to the kitchen.

"Just promise me you'll go to sleep early tonight, mom would kill me if you weren't getting the sleep you should" She says as she gets herself an orange.

"I promise" I say as I put the paper in my math book before closing it and throwing it on the table.

She smiles as I get my phone from where its charging.

"I'll be home by six, bye" I say and I wait to close the door, waiting for Sydnie to say something.

"Bye Jack, say hi to Aspen for me" "I will" and with that I close the door.

↪↩

I grabbed my skateboard off the porch and walked down the stairs.

Dropping the skateboard on the ground, I step on it and take off down the block to Aspen's aunts house.

I don't even have to knock when I get to her house, she's already sitting on the porch swing.

She swings quietly with ear buds in, gently pushing herself. Letting her feet drag as the swings slows down.

I stop at the gate and and shake it slightly, making it rattle to see if it'll get her attention. It does.

Her head turn and a smile spreads across her face, she stands up and quickly runs down the stairs to open the gate.

I return her smile and she hugs me before letting me pass her.

She quickly pulls the gate closed again before saying "hey".

"Hi" I say and I follow her back to the slight brown porch swing, she sits down and pulls her ear buds out.

She gives me another smile and then asks me, "do you like living with Sydnie?"

"Sydnie actually says hi and yeah, why?" I ask as I lay my skateboard beside my feet.

"We miss you back home and tell her I said hi" she says softly but then perks up slightly "do you prefer California over Pennsylvania?"

"I get home sick sometimes, but California is nice..better memories" I say as I lightly push us.

"How do you like California?" I ask and she looks around, "it is nice but I don't know why you don't visit more often...I would get home sick to" she says.

I nod, knowing the feeling deep down... I got home sick a lot the first month of living here with Sydnie.

"I miss having late night talks with you" She says as she pushes her feet out a long side mine.

"I miss them to" I say.

Her head turns and she looks at me, "have you met anyone special since you've been here?"

I smile before looking out towards where the sun seems to have gotten a tad bit brighter.

"Yeah" I say still letting the smile settle on my lips.

"Oh, who is this lucky person?" She says seeming intrigued by the news.

"His name is Zach Herron" I say as I look back over to her and she's also letting a smile sit on her mouth.

"He must make you happy, you can't stop smiling!" She says before letting a small chuckle out.

I also let out a laugh because its true whenever I talk about Zach I can't help but smile.

"You gotta let me meet him" she says and I nod my head.

"The smile never leaves my lips the whole time I'm sitting there".

↪↩

Feedback?

Ayeee I'm back and alive!