t w o

its been a week since zach transferred and the guys had decided he should join us in our little group.

why? i don't know.

↪↩

"so...why do you love the rain so much?" i can't help but ask as we work together on our science project.

zach doesn't answer for a second and i wonder if he even heard me.

i was gonna repeat myself, but then he spoke.

"let me get back to you on that one when i find the words to describe it" he says as he pops up from behind the desk, a long with some safety goggles.

"safety first" he chuckles and i can't help but smile at his laugh.

zach is intriguing.

"do you like the rai-" i don't even let him finish.

"hate it."

he gives me a blank stare but then continues with "hates a strong word" he then give me another smile.

"i am not saying 'a strong dislike', i simply hate the rain its as simple as that" i say.

zach gives me another long blank stare. "why?".

"when i find the words, i'll get back to you" i wink as i say a similar saying of what he said.

he smiles.

"god damn that smile is gonna kill me."

the bell rings.

it started pouring again.

"ugh, just stop already" i groaned as i made my way down to the cafeteria.

"yelp!" jonah makes a noise when he sees me.

"someone is gloomy, again" corbyn says as he throws a salt packet at daniel.

"why is it always raining in april and may?" i ask as i plop down in a spare chair.

"umm april showers, bring may flowers dummy" a voice comes from behind me and there's zach smiling as he passes our table.

"what?" i ask as he continues walking. "that's one reason i love rain it brings flowers, and i like flowers" he says as he continues down into the absent
hallway.

"i thought he was sitting with us?" daniel asks.

i just shrug and continue on with being a gloomy looking emo kid, as corbyn would put it, i'm not emo...i just like the color black.

↪↩

"aye" a voice comes from a small girl, vanessa.

"hey" i say as i sit on one of the choir steps.

"you should convince the new kid to join choir" she says as her lip curls upward.

"zach?" i ask "yep, he sound really nice" she says a she pops a squat down beside me. "how would you know?" i ask.

"he's the new neighbors kid, he sings in the rain" she says.

"do you seriously just sit outside waiting to hear his voice?" i give her a weird look and she simply punches my shoulder going "don't judge me!"

"stop making it so easy then" i mumble as i begin laughing at the same time.

"but anyways convince him! he'll fit in well" she says again as one of her friends ellie calls her back over.

"yeah, whatever."

↪↩

"wait for the rain to stop and then you'll hear him, he was singing a couple minutes before you got here" she says as she slightly jumps, as if to peek over at the hidden boy.

"whatever " i sighed as i watch droplet fall off the plants on her porch.

"there is no way that's zach" i say but instantly doubt myself.

"peek through the fence" vanessa points to her privacy fence.

"i will" i say as i make my way over to the fence i quickly latch my hands on the fence and pull myself up.

"holy hell" i mumble "zach?" i say and it instantly scares him out of his chair. "j-jack?" he says as he leaps up.

i smile as i hang there on the fence, i wave and simply say "you should join the choir."

i drop to the ground and i hear zach say.

"that's another reason i love rain, you can sing in the rain...and i love singing."

↪↩

feedback?