▶THIRTY◀

I unlock the door quietly, not sure if Sydnie came home tonight.

Zach plays with my hand as if nervous.

We look like soaked cats, in other words were both drenched by the rain.

"You can get in the shower if you want" I whisper and he whispers back "okay".

"I'll get you some spare clothes" I mumble to him and when I go to leave him by himself, he simply intertwines our hands and follows me.

"Like a lost puppy, a cute lost puppy".

"Joggers or shorts?" I ask as I flip through a laundry basket. Zach stands behind me messing with the ends of his soaked T-shirt.

"Joggers" he says and I pass him a pair of Adidas ones.

I quickly grab a plain white T-shirt and pass it to him also, he takes it and goes to the bathroom.

I tip toe my way over to Sydnie's room and crack the door open, she's not in there.

"Is there towels in there?" I question as I make my way over to the bathroom.

↪↩

Hesitantly knocking, "is there any towels in there?" I ask and Zach answers with a quick "yes".

Making my way back to my room, I slip on some joggers along with one of my hundred black T-shirts. Who even knows if it's clean?

A couple minutes after scrolling through Instagram, Zach hesitantly comes back to my room...Still drying his hair.

As the towel hides his face I let a smile slip onto my face.

He's being so awkward and quiet. What could make Zach cry like that?

I mean it could be his foster parents, something with Emma? I doubt Zach would get that emotional over Emma though.

Maybe, he's thinking if his mom? I mean he never told me when she died, but I'm not prying at the boy in his emotional state.

He stands the like an awkward child on the first day of school.

I pat the side that Zach likes and he kinda crawls around me and sits beside me to see what I'm doing.

He watches quietly waiting for something, sleep probably.

Reaching for my charger, I plug in my phone turning my direction back to Zach. Who looks tired.

"Crying makes me tired to".

I reach for the desk lamp and quickly turn in off and slip into the blankets.

I can see Zach staring at me despite it being dark in the room, its the glare of the moon shining into the slightly cracked window.

Not asking for permission I simply pull Zach in my direction and he doesn't resist.

He sinks into the touch and slightly wraps his arms around me.

I simply start messing with his slightly damp hair.

Its a routine I have down, I think about it a lot. I'm not sure why but it brings me a high amount if happiness just being close the Zach.

Its nice.

Catching me off guard, Zach lifts his head slightly pecking my cheek.

I can just sense the heat spreading across my face.

I can't help but smile as I rest my chin upon his damp hair.

"Goodnight Zach".

"Goodnight Jack".

↪↩

Feedback?

Can we all agree my writing is actual trash?